Community discussions

MikroTik App

Jeanluck
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tx rate of Omnitik is randomly very very poor

Sun May 11, 2014 9:41 pm

I have several omnitiks, all works fine with the same configuration (NV2). There is one, and only one, that one-two days at week is not working properly, and the Tx rate is 2Mb-6Mb for hours. And without reason, come back to normal values.

I changed 2 times OmniTIK, the UPS (offline to Interctive), the power supply, all 5180-5700 frequencies, try 5.24, 5.26, 6.12.
Tools-> Bandwith test between OmniTIK and ALL customers is horrible.
I tried to restart all clients one by one, trying to find one with problems. But all clients have normal values in Tx/Rx signal and Tx/Rx rates.

I have only a clue:
The "Freq. Usage" of AP frecuency, reported by a near SXT of AP, is very high, 50% -70% with 1Mb-5Mb Tx rates .... and when I change the frequency, this consumption is transferred to the new frequency, so It is my AP consumption... But I do not know how to locate the problem.

Please, any ideas?

Wirelss config:
/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] adaptive-noise-immunity=ap-and-client-mode band=5ghz-onlyn channel-width=20/40mhz-ht-above \
country=spain default-forwarding=no disabled=no frequency=5660 hide-ssid=yes hw-retries=15 l2mtu=2290 mac-address=\
XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX mode=ap-bridge nv2-cell-radius=10 nv2-preshared-key=XXXXXXXXXX nv2-security=enabled radio-name=\
XXXX_XXXXXXXXXX security-profile=profile1 ssid=AP wireless-protocol=nv2
/interface wireless nstreme
set wlan1 disable-csma=no enable-nstreme=no enable-polling=yes framer-limit=3200 framer-policy=none

Jeanluck
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Tx rate of Omnitik is randomly very very poor

Sun May 11, 2014 10:34 pm

Here is a Wireless Snooper capture. All 5660 frequency devices are my Omnitik + 27 SXT Clientes. The first device with the high consumption is the omnitik AP.
The screenshot was made by a SXT a little far, so the signal values ​​are high. But the values ​​are correct for the AP.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.