Community discussions

MikroTik App

stentmartin
just joined
Topic Author

Internet Hot Spot access

Tue May 27, 2014 6:38 am

I have a prepaid ID and Password to login and access Internet through a nearby AP Hot Spot owned by an IP Internet provider. The AP Hot Spot happened to be a Routerboard device.

I am trying to access the nearby Internet Hot Spot using my RBS SXT to set up a simpale transparent wireless link between the Hot Spot AP with my SXT router connected to my home LAN.

I have given the SXT a fixed IP on my home router LAN (ether1) and made a bridge (bridge1) between my home LAN and the Wireless WAN (Wlan1 - bridge). I have setup my SXT router as a DHCP Client and as a station bridge (station pseudo bridge).

The Hot Spot AP router is giving me a dynamic IP and I can connect and disconnect as I want to the Hot Spot router using the Web interface so that works Ok.

I have set up the masquerade to prohibit the Hot Spot AP router to access my LAN.

THE PROBLEM!
Regardless my settings the Hot Spot router always takes over my entire home LAN IP pool and use it as its own pool!?

How do I prewent the HotSpot router to access my LAN and take owner my LAN router IP address pool?

stentmartin

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Internet Hot Spot access

Tue May 27, 2014 8:44 pm

ether1 and wlan1 must not be on bridge, put dhcp client on wlan1 and dhcp server on ether1.

stentmartin
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 28, 2014 4:12 am

Thank you, your advice took care of the Hot Spot taking over my router problem. Now my router giving me the messages "Could not find attached WAN device".

So, how do I logge in to the Hot Spot. I have tried to use the IP I was given from the Hot Spot but that did not work.

Please advise.

stentmartin

stentmartin
just joined
Topic Author

Sat May 31, 2014 9:37 am

Problem solved. I can now use all my local computers and connect almost for fre to the Internet Hot Spot with very high speed.

The problem was, I can not use my local LAN router as DHCP Server I have to setup the RB SXT as Client to the Hot Spot AP server and DHCP server for my local WLAN. OBS! No Bridge.

Thank you for your support.

stentmartin