Community discussions

MikroTik App

stentmartin
just joined
Topic Author

Can not login to AP Server from Client

Fri May 30, 2014 5:37 am

Can not login to AP Server from AP Client station bridge

I have established a wireless link between two AP's. One is configured as Server and one is configured as Station bridge Client.

The Server is connected to Internet and serves several thousands of clients. I have no control of the Server and it is owned by a IP Internet provider - a "Hot Spot".

The server requires an ID and Password from the Client to login to the Internet.

The Client (RB SXT) is connected to my home LAN router with the purpose to connect my wireless home computers to the Internet over RB SXT Station Bridge link.

I can connect to the Server and login wireless directly from any of my wireless home computers but not over the RB SXT Client Station Bridge but I have a very weak link.

The home router is connected to "ether1" on my RB SXT interface with a static IP from my home router pool addresses. The Server is giving a dynamic IP to the Wireless 1 interface.

The route, connections and IP addresses all look good and I can connect and disconnect the link as well as monitor the data flow between the Server and the Client.

I can do this connections, setup and monitoring of the RB SXT Client Server connections from any of my local computers connected to the home router at the same time.

THE PROBLEM
There is now way I can login to the Internet!

Could it be a "Firewall" problem on my RB SXT? I have disabled all Firewall settings.

My router reports:

"NO ATTACHED WAN DEVICE
The CradlePoint MBR-1000 could not find an attached WAN device.

Please connect a WAN device and try again"

Please advise

stentmartin

stentmartin
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Can not login to AP Server from Client

Fri May 30, 2014 2:13 pm

This is interesting. After several tests I found that my local home router can not be the LAN DHCP Server. I have to disable the DHCP service in my LAN router and enable the DHCP service in the RB SXT router so the RB SXT router gives out IP addresses to my Local computers on my home routers WLAN.

This is opposite to the recommendations I had from Mikrotik support team.

So, now I have both Client Bridge Station and DHCP server enabled on my RB SXT Client (OBS! I have to disable the bridge function to prohibit the AP server to take over my LAN).

When I Use my Web browser to access the Internet the login page from the AP Server Hot Spot comes upp as it should and I can login to Internet.

However the connection disconnects shortly so there is still some settings that are wrong in the RB SXT DHCP Server setup. I am not sure about the timing and pool setup?

I should preseate any suggestions from the Forum members to set up the DHCP Server the right way.

Please advice

stentmartin

I can not use the bridge function

and

stentmartin
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Can not login to AP Server from Client

Sat May 31, 2014 8:36 am

OK, now it works perfectly with all my local computers connected all-most free to high speed Internet Hot Spot.

Thank you for your support.

stentmartin