Community discussions

MikroTik App

mikrotikie
just joined
Topic Author

setup basic Point to Point using Groove 52HPn

Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:19 am

Hi

I am a total noob at setting up wireless and I have just purchased some Groove52HPn for our site to site connections.
I have some questions:
- Can I setup wireless connection with just these item of same type? I have read Wireless_Station_Modes Wiki but not sure about it.
- If yes, where can I find basic guide for wireless setup and guide for setting such connections?

Thanks alot.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: setup basic Point to Point using Groove 52HPn

Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:18 pm

First of all: check if on your country is legal to place ptp link connection that walk over property boundaries.

If you interfer with another licensed subject, you risk...

mikrotikie
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:25 am

Thanks for the warning, I have checked that, just need to use public frequencies.

RogerWilco

Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:07 am

Hi

I am a total noob at setting up wireless and I have just purchased some Groove52HPn for our site to site connections.
I have some questions:
- Can I setup wireless connection with just these item of same type? I have read Wireless_Station_Modes Wiki but not sure about it.
- If yes, where can I find basic guide for wireless setup and guide for setting such connections?

Thanks alot.
The Wiki has a basic guide here: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Transpare ... o_Networks
How far is the link and are you in a rural area (2.4GHz or 5.8GHz)? A SXT with a SXT Lite version on the other end would do.