Community discussions

MikroTik App

lyxnafis
Topic Author

DHCP and private IP issue

Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi guys,
I have a DHCP server and a 192.168.0.0 network issue and I would appreciate any help.
My network, as seen in the attached file, consists of two RB411 connected in a point to point bridged network providing internet access to wired PCs. All he IP addresses used are public and so far everything is working fine.
Trying to provide access to wireless devices like mobile phones and laptops, I've put a Cisco BR/AP 1310 in the network setup as an access point. So far, I got the mobile devices to connect fine to Cisco AP but:
a) I can't get the 192.168 network to go through; Can it be done in bridged mode? src-NAT is set fine (I think)
b) DHCP server that is set up on MTK2 is not providing IP addresses even thought they are shown to be on lease.
c) DHCP server cannot be set up on the ethernet interface (it turns invalid red); it has to be set up on the bridge interface.
In order to troubleshoot the 192.168 net issue first, I've put an IP address manually in one of the PCs and it seem to go as far as the MTK2.
Any thoughts or expertise please?
Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.