Community discussions

MikroTik App

W4WN
just joined
Topic Author

Help setting up Sierra Wireless MC7700 on a RB912UAG-5HPnD?

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:39 pm

Looking for some help getting started, I have a Sierra MC7700 mPCIe LTE card installed in a RB912UAG-5HPnD. Just want to use this as an Internet connection in a remote location, don't need the wlan, just need to have access through the Ethernet port.. Got the mPCIe port enabled and it seems to have loaded up the Sierra driver and created the lte1 interface OK...

This is where I'm at, can someone help me with the next step?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

W4WN
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Help setting up Sierra Wireless MC7700 on a RB912UAG-5HP

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:39 am

Got it going!

I found this excellent guide http://www.wirelessinfo.be/index.php/mikrotik/pages/3g and got it all setup no problem :)

Works fantastic, this is a great solution - exactly what I needed and much more configurable (and less expensive) than the alternative (Cradlepoint)

Some info in case it helps someone:

I initially had a drop out issue, replacing a weak 10 Volt power supply with a 19V/1A supply fixed that, from my location the MC7700 runs around 23dBm uplink power and that was draining the rail.

Sierra Wireless MC7700 Firmware Ver. SWI9200X_03.05.20.03 works great with the RB912UAG-5HPnD.

No PPP needed.

My device came set in "QMI" mode, I had to switch it to "DIP" (DirectIP) mode for it to work using the Sierra DIP-QMI Switcher tool:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.