Community discussions

MikroTik App

stantek
just joined
Topic Author

Router help needed

Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi Guys
I really don't know if this is the right forum to post this question but i really need some advice concerning sharing a WIMAX /LTE connection through a router. I own a greenpacket UH350 wimax modem and i would like to know if there is any wireless router i could use to share the internet connection from this modem to 2 or more devices.
I found this thread here http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=65807 and i noticed a user there also has the greenpacket UH350 modem however i couldn't understand if the user was able to share the connection using a router . I would really appreciate some help with this. Thanks

CelticComms
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Router help needed

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:14 pm

If the modem can be made to work (that thread suggests it can) then yes you can use RouterOS to share access to it just as you could use it to share access to any other WAN connection.

kgninfos

Re: Router help needed

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:22 pm

just connect it to Mikrotik with version 6.1 or higher it will appear as lte1 interface enable dhcp client for this interface and you should be ready to go

but before that enable dhcp server for the lte device by connecting it to a PC first

Give karma if this helped you