Community discussions

MikroTik App

numan
Topic Author

Point to Point issue in Mikrotik devices

Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:26 pm

Hello All,

I have recently installed MikroTik 30dBi 5Ghz Parabolic Dish antenna Product code: MTAD-5G-30D3-PA and connected behind antenna the RB912UAG-5HPnD-OUT device( below is the picture too )

the distance showing in 3Km, I need to make connection support more than 30Mbps.

Currently we contracted with 10Mbps, but it is not supporting.

Location A( is on the ground and installed 25Meter Tower, the Bridge mode end ) and Location B the bridge mode station end where connected at Tower with height of 15 meters( the Loction B is on the top of small Hill the Ground level compare to Location B is around 150 Meters. , The Devices are connected now, and pointed, the Problem is now, we not able to get stable bandwidth, while doing bandwidth test from Mikrotik option, the Tx/Rx Signal Strength -50/-58 dBm, and Tx/Rx CCQ varying 50/10 %.

Could any body advise on the issue and let me know what further details required.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Point to Point issue in Mikrotik devices

Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:28 pm

What is on the other end of the link? Same antenna and Netbox?

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:56 pm

please upgrade the RouterOS to v6.18
Then try to reset the wireless interface configuration from the wireless interface menu.
Also we suggest to use the Quickset feature with PTP mode for making transparent wireless link.

What wireless mode and frequency you are using, as maybe you have some interference on that wireless frequency?

numan
Topic Author

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:05 am

Dear All,

We found the issue, it was due to height at one side, we reduce the height and got stable signal and it looks fine now,

Mikrotik support, Do we still require to upgrade the software version to get better performance.

thanks for always help.

numan
Topic Author

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:27 am

Hello All,

Thank You in advance for good advises,

the distance between both sites are 3Km only, the signals of Rx/Tx are perfect, attached you can see the screen shot, but still I am not able to get more than 18 Mbps.

As per spefic, I expect to get at least 30Mbps or more than that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:06 pm

Did you solve this?