Community discussions

MikroTik App

IndigoJon
just joined
Topic Author

Connecting 951Ui-2HnD to Wired Router (Ubiquiti Bullet2HP)

Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:29 pm

I hope this is the proper place to post this question. I am having a lot of difficulty getting my configuration set up, probably due in large part to my inexperience with networking, so I hope someone can help.

I use a Ubiquiti Bullet2HP to receive an internet signal, and I'd like to distribute that signal to various wireless devices on my boat. So I would like to plug the cable from the Bullet into my Mikrotik 951Ui-2HnD, and then have my wireless devices (iPhone, iPad etc) "see" the internet through the Mikrotik router.

The Ubiquiti is configured with an IP address of 192.168.100.20, is configured as a DHCP server, and hands out addresses 192.168.100.100 through 192.168.100.200. As far as I can tell these are part of the standard defaults for the Bullet.

I'd like to know all of the changes I need to make in the Quick-Set for the Mikrotik router. Someone has recomended that the cable from the Bullet be plugged into one of the LAN ports on the Mikrotik so that a separate network is not created, but so far I don't seem to be able to get my PC to connect through the Mikrotik to the internet through the Bullet. Since I am new at this, I really would appreciate all of the settings that I need to make on that Quick-Set page...I am having trouble understanding the WAN, gateway, DHCP, NAT etc settings so I'll appreciate any help that's offered. Someone mentioned that what I am trying to do is to make the 951Ui-2HnD act as a wireless switch, but that doesn't tell me what to do to, step-by-step, to make that happen :?