Community discussions

MikroTik App

shooster88
just joined
Topic Author

Newbie HotSpot help - RB750GL

Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:10 am

Good evening!

I've viewed at least a dozen tutorials for setting up a HotSpot through the MicroTik router and I can't seem to make it do this most basic function. I'm trying to activate the basic function of having the ethernet ports connect to 3-4 wireless access points and redirect users to a "terms of service" (login.html / alogin.html) when they connect to the access point. Supposedly really basic stuff, right?

Here are the problems I'm having.

1. I was able to activate the 750GL to be used as a HotSpot, but the second those settings kick in, I'm kicked off the router and can't log back in. I'm thinking this is a result of conflict between default configuration and HotSpot settings - see #2:

2. In following another tutorial, it had me log into the router via winbox (192.168.88.1) and remove default configuration. In doing so I'm disconnected from the router and cannot log in and am forced to hard reset the unit.

I'm obviously new to this stuff and looking for any assistance. I'm fine with trying to follow a guide and I think part of my problem is complete lack of experience with Microtik products but also following outdated guides.

Either way - any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

shooster88
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Newbie HotSpot help - RB750GL

Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:05 pm

Quick bump for visibility. Thanks for reading!