Community discussions

MikroTik App

domagoj
just joined
Topic Author

CAPs Manager Logic regarding Bridges and VLAN's

Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:53 pm

Hi
I don't have any issue, I'm just trying to settle everything in my mind before using CAPsMan in some of our installations.

I have problem understanding dataflow and logic with bridge created on Mikrotik where Manager is located, and "local forwarding" on CAP's.

If I create Provisioning configuration with corresponding dataflow that uses bridge on Mikrotik where Manager is, I set remote CAP to local forwarding mode so that Manager is not under that much stress, how can CAP use that bridge if it not exist in CAP's local interface configuration? And CAP is set for local forwarding.. :)

Also if I create virtual AP's in Manager for some CAP that is Groove with WLAN and LAN interface bridged in local bridge, and set it to be on, let's say VLAN 1001, is this going to work if I just create VLAN 1001 on central Mikrotik where Manager is (on LAN interface)? How can I assign IP address on CAP for VLAN 1001? :)
I am sure that I'm missing something in the way my mind is trying to comprehend all logic behind CAP's Manager and CAP's :)

Thanks for anyones help