Community discussions

MikroTik App

gcs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Help with SXT Bridge setup

Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:31 am

I have 2 SXT setup as a bridge. I used the many online examples and got it to connect. I can MAC ping from one to the other but can't figure out how to get an Ip address from one side to the other. I don't have any bridges in my network. All my towers have APbridge and the cpe are station.

I need to have the "master" SXT get a ip address from DSL router/modem. Do I turn on dhcp client to get one from DSL?
How do I get computers connected to SXT "slave" to get ip address?

Thanks for any help.

David

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Help with SXT Bridge setup

Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:02 am

One side bridge ap mode second side station bridge mode. In both put eth and ath in common bridge and set DHCP client on for the internal bridges. If you already managed l2 connection between, both sides should get ip addresses correctly from your DHCP server (if connected to it of course).

gcs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:01 pm

I must be dumb. I can't figure out how to get ip address from dsl router on "master" side to ethernet on "slave" side.
I have tried turning dhcp client on "master" ethernet and it get a address. I have set static 10.10.. address on wlan interface on both master and slave.
I still can mac ping and ip ping from both SXT to each other. many times i have to unplug master so i can log in to slave. many times mac login fails on winbox.

I am thinking I will have to buy the level 5 license on 1 SXT so I can setup the SXT's like I do on my towers with AP Bridge and cpe as stations.

I need to get this working today.

Thanks for any help.

gcs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Help with SXT Bridge setup update

Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:14 am

Ok I have changed tatics. I am trying to use quickset in ros 5.26 and reset up the SXT's.
I have set the master to ptp bridge but when I try to use quickset on the slave it won't let me change it from cpe to ptp bridge. So I am stuck again.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:54 pm

It's really strange. I would start with reset both devices without any defaults. Supposing you have one of them connected to a network where DHCP server works correctly. Put ath and eth to bridge. Switch DHCP client on the bridge and check the addresses, gw, routes, dns, time and so is correctly set. If you manage this you can go further by setting the wireless connection between. Then also the second side should get correct ip settings. Buying higher licence level is useless.