Community discussions

MikroTik App

zer0punk
just joined
Topic Author

bandwidth managment with queues

Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:10 am

I am wanting to setup some queueses that will do the following:

give regular surfing traffic 10 meg for 20 sec and then drop to 6 meg on down and 256k up for 20 sec then drop back to 128k
I>E when they go to speedtest.net it will show 10 meg down.

youtube traffic 6 meg for 30 sec then drop to 1.5 meg down and same as above for up

gaming traffic
2 meg down and 256 k up

any torrent, movie, exe file download
6 meg 30 sec and then go to 512k down

And a queues that will catch if they dont fall into any of these that would be 1.5 meg down and 256 up

Do I need to divide the queues ie on the cpe put upload queues on wlan and then on the ap put the download side on wlan? or put it all on the cpe (customer equipment)?

If someone has a real world queus scheme that is working good for them that would help too. I have a tower that is getting hammered with traffic and it is affecting everyone on it. I am using mikrotik only on one ap and have some ubnt connected to the other ap. I have 21 cpe connected to the ap that has all mikrotik. and 10 cpe on the ap that has some ubnt. The aps ar running 2.4 ghz I am using ospf to build my routes...

My ultamite goal is to give my customers a faster feeling internet exsperance. but stretch my bandwidth that I have.

I am open to suggestions on what would be the best for a wireless isp.

thanks in advance,

zer0punk

I have multi towers like this. one has a 48 mile bhaul that only has 20 meg up and down with 2 msec pings on it. so I need to do some queing on it to keep that link stable.

zer0punk
just joined
Topic Author

Re: bandwidth managment with queues

Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:52 am

any help on this?