MikroTik App

0ldman
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

I'm impressed.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:51 pm

We had a tower taken out by a storm.

When we replaced it I finally upgraded to 802.11n and went with a DP omni rather than sectors.

RB711 UA2HnD + ARC 13dBi DP Omni

I'm fine tuning the network, made some adjustments on a tower 12 miles away, one customer didn't come back up. I started checking my other APs as sometimes they'll hop if close enough, didn't find anything.

I went to the new AP 12 miles away, the client was connected to it from a little over 12 miles apparently off a sidelobe of an Airgrid 16dBi. The grid is pointing at least 20 degrees off, and I never expected that shot to work if it *was* pointed the right direction.

I'm impressed. RB711 and dual polarity omni kick ass.

ffernandes
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: I'm impressed.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:05 am

also have 1 setup like yours.....
works nice :=)
We had a tower taken out by a storm.

When we replaced it I finally upgraded to 802.11n and went with a DP omni rather than sectors.

RB711 UA2HnD + ARC 13dBi DP Omni

I'm fine tuning the network, made some adjustments on a tower 12 miles away, one customer didn't come back up. I started checking my other APs as sometimes they'll hop if close enough, didn't find anything.

I went to the new AP 12 miles away, the client was connected to it from a little over 12 miles apparently off a sidelobe of an Airgrid 16dBi. The grid is pointing at least 20 degrees off, and I never expected that shot to work if it *was* pointed the right direction.

I'm impressed. RB711 and dual polarity omni kick ass.