Community discussions

MikroTik App

lunchboxrts
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Band Steering

Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:00 pm

I know this has been ask in the past but is Band Steering supported/Plans for Band Steering?
Its now need even more with AC.

baggar11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Band Steering

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:54 pm

I would actually love to see MikroTIk get a head start on 802.11ac wave 2 tech. Typically, I've seen MikroTik quite a bit behind on wifi featuresets. But I'm only a recent MikroTik user, so I could be wrong.

With that said, it'd be awesome if they incorporated MU-MIMO, Band Steering, proper POE on their APs and released on par with other Enterprise companies.

KillerOPS
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Band Steering

Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:22 am

I would actually love to see MikroTIk get a head start on 802.11ac wave 2 tech. Typically, I've seen MikroTik quite a bit behind on wifi featuresets. But I'm only a recent MikroTik user, so I could be wrong.

With that said, it'd be awesome if they incorporated MU-MIMO, Band Steering, proper POE on their APs and released on par with other Enterprise companies.
Mikrotik might seem a bit behind wifi featureset right now, but they were pretty much ahead of their times with nstreme, nstreme2 and even nv2. And these things keep improving, unless other manufacturers who require you to get new hardware for any extra features.
Also, the feature set on a wireless router is pretty much best in this market. Think about how much you pay for a bgp-capable router from cisco. Does it have wireless?
You're basically in tp-link price range having cisco features.
And about the 12V POE, please leave it as is. I'm happy I don't have to provide 48v to every tower or customer, it keeps the costs down and also allows interfacing with ip cameras and such.
Of course, the latest devices can use 12V and af, which is I think the best decision moving forward, because it allows for a lot of flexibility.