MikroTik App

MikroGik
just joined
Topic Author

Possible Quick Set bug -- permanent "Ethernet-Only" setting

Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:58 am

Hello People,

New MikroTik user here with the following issue on a new mAP-2n

I can tell that an earlier problem with the NAT network going down whenever WLAN was turned off has successfully been fixed. http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74720

However, I still end up loosing my NAT network whenever I turn off WLAN because Quick-Set automatically changes everything to CAP. All seems to work OK after WLAN turnoff until I touch any setting under Quick-Set in either WinBox or WebFig. At that moment the LAN disappears and the RouterBox is inaccessible. Only solution is a full reset. I can repeat this behavior over and over.

Interestingly an “Ethernet” state momentarily shows up in the Quick-Set menu in WinBox (but not WebFig) right after disabling wlan. When that's visible I can see both the WAN settings and the LAN settings as would make sense. But as mentioned above, upon changing any of the settings, the LAN is lost.

This may very well be a bug that I'd like to bring to your attention. But I would also welcome if there was a permanent "ethernet-only" choice added to the Quick Set menu which would be activated if WLAN is turned off.

Please let me know if that's a possibility.

Thanks!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Possible Quick Set bug -- permanent "Ethernet-Only" sett

Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:19 am

If none of the default Quickset presets works for you, you can just ignore Quickset, open the other menus and set the things that you need.

Ethernet only quickset is not for using "ethernet only", but for devices that have no wireless card.

vstman
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Possible Quick Set bug -- permanent "Ethernet-Only" setting

Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:19 pm

I have same issue with a RB2011UAS-2HnD. Quick Set display "ethernet" in the drop down box but is NOT a drop down box selection? And the backup config files is over 5mb. I have the wireless turned off. All my other routers config file sizes are all below 300kbs size. Just installed a new 2011 and that one save the backup at 50kbs. Corrupt programming?
Running 6.26
exported file looks fine.

How can I reset and restore without replacing bad config?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Possible Quick Set bug -- permanent "Ethernet-Only" setting

Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:41 am

I suggest to try the "system -> reset configuration" command. It restores factory default. Then you will have QuickSet and can start anew