Community discussions

MikroTik App

pyrzy
just joined
Topic Author

Re: How to make the connection to the second HotSpot

Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:40 am

Hello everyone,

I would like to use existing equipment BT-router and panels antennas (set as point to point) and install 2 omni directional antennas with the free Hotspot. The Hotspot with the customised website is set up on the Routerboard (192.168.0.2) and the local Omni directional antenna A is connected to that router to Port 5 which was set for the Hotspot and works fine. The both omni-antennas have metal routerboard connected and Ethernet Port is set for DHCP client which should be taken from the main routerboard. The only problem is that I don't know what is the best way to connect Omni Directional Antenna B to the routerboard's Hotspot which is connected to another network?

I 've already tried change the static IP of the Omni Directional Antenna B to the same network as hotspot, tried to add static route on the BT router for the hotspot network (192.168.5.0/24), also I tried to use bridge ports/interfaces on the routerboad. Unfortunately, so far I cannot resolve the problem. Should I use the EoIP tunnel between the routerboard and omni directional antenna B?
I look forward for your comments.

Kind regards,
Peter

czolo

Re: How to make the connection to the second HotSpot

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:44 am

Hotspot works on interface. I see that you haven't configured hotspot on port-1 on main router. You can use gre/eoip tunnel and bridge it with port-5, and it should work.
Alternative is a modification of firewall rules on main router. You have to change the rules that describes the traffic that is redirect to hotspot page. Normally this rules are added automaticly.