Community discussions

MikroTik App

ZxZDeViLZxZ
just joined
Topic Author

SXTG-5HPnD-SAr2 for multi point close range link

Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:08 am

I have been struggling for a few days now and am no further ahead now then before.. I currently have the following setup
RBSXTG-5HPnD-SAr2-> connected to internet router as a bridge setup as a access WISP AP
2x RBSXT5nDr2 -> setup a CPE and just PTP Bridge Client.
both RBSXT5nDr2 are set to bridge mode both RBSXT5nDr2 have internet
however one of the RBSXT5nDr2 only has internet when directly connected to a computer. I have tried a mAP in various different states of operation and a RB750UP in same various states from bridge to router statically assigning ip to dhcp.... For some reason they will not get an ip address from the internet router. I can statically assign a address but still does not work...

Now the really weird part is it worked for 12 hours and then it stopped all of a sudden.

The internet router is a huawei b2268h at first I thought it could be the dhcp server on the Huawei so I checked that and increased the number of clients from a pool of 30 to pool of 150... this still did not change the outcome of it.

one of the RBSXT5nDr2 has a switch connected to it> then it has 1 computer & 1 Video surveillance system connected to it. I did overlook last time I was on site that there is an older dlink n router with a omnidirectional antenna attached to it. the router it hooked up on one of the lan ports to switch and just broadcasting another signal.. I did not check if the ip address of the dlink dhcp was a 192.168.1.1 gateway as dlinks are normally not if I recall correctly.... however if it is by chance one would that possible be causing an issue... I think so but am not 100% certain......
any help would be greatly appreciated as I am stumped

ZxZDeViLZxZ
just joined
Topic Author

Re: SXTG-5HPnD-SAr2 for multi point close range link

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Also maybe important to note that all devices are running the latest version of router os 6.26 I updated all of the SXT devices over the air just to double check that they were actually connecting up