MikroTik App

satman1w
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wireless Clients disconnecting problem

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:36 am

Hi all,

I have a situation with one wireless installation and I would appreciate any suggestion that will lead to solution.
I have 6 cAP-s, RB450 and Cisco 2950 switch.
drawing-02png_Page1.png
On every cAP, there are two SSID-s ("Private" on physical interface-wlan101, and "Public" on virtual interface-wlan102).
There are also two vlan-s (vlan101 and vlan102) on top of physical interface ether1.
Vlan101 and wlan101 are bridged with bridge101, wlan102 and vlan102 are bridged with bridge102.
All 6 cAP-s are connected to Cisco switch (all ports are trunks) together with RB450 where there is a dhcp101 and dhcp102 in charge for their respective vlans, and firewall rule which denies access to private network to users on connected to "public".
Both wireless networks were authenticating with WPA2 PSK (aes) and preshared keys.
With all devices in place it was operable for a week supporting cca 50 wireless users every day.

The decision was to authenticate private users with WPA2 EAP via RADIUS server and active directory.
After some pain with configuring Network Policy Server on windows server 2012 yesterday was the "D" day for deploying it in production.

So, I've changed security profile for wlan1 on all cAP-s to WPA2/EAP, RADIUS and so on. We were able to authenticate to "private" with domain username/password, and to the "public" with preshared key.

It was working for about an hour and as users started to connect, the hell broke loose.
cAP-s started to disconect users with whole a lot of confusing messages:
banned (last failure - not enough resources)
banned (last failure - unicast key exchange timeout)
banned (last failure - received deauth: class 3 frame received (7))
failed to setup compression
All in all no one was able to connect and authenticate neither with PSK nor with EAP.
Next few hours I have spent trying to roll back to the point where there was no EAP authentication, but everything else worked.
Nothing seems to be working until i have deleted all the virtual wlan interfaces on all AP-s and reconfigured them back ?!?!?

Since I have to try it again and get it up working with EAP and RADIUS I would like to know if there was something wrong with my configuration or something...

Please coment if you have something constructive...

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

satman1w
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Wireless Clients disconnecting problem

Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:32 pm

I have the same problem on two different sites and no one else has ever seen it ??

Strange... :? :shock: :o