Community discussions

MikroTik App

INGeSI
just joined
Topic Author

Metal 2SHPN stops to broadcast SSID very often - how to investigate?

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi all

I have a network in a camping area with 3 metal 2SHPN. Two of them works perfectly. The third works good after powering on it, and in a few time (normally 1 - 2 hours) the SSID simply disappears. Restarting the AP fixes the problem, then the SSID disappears in other few hours.

I've done some tests replacing the AP with another one, but this doens't solved the problem.

The very strange fact is that both APs works perfectly (SSID always broadcasted without interruption) when I try them far from the working site (by example, in my office). And both have the same behaviour on the working site.

So I think that the problem is not an hardware fault. And since they has different firmware versions (one with 5.26, one with 6.22) I think that's not a firmware bug.

I tried to investigate via web interface and via SSH, but I wasn't able to find something about the wifi status (radio on or off, SSID broadcast active or not, actual RF output power)

So I'm asking if anyone can address me in the right direction, to understand if the firmware 'sees' the radio ok or not, and then to understand the reason of the problem if detected from the firmware itself.

Kind regards

Alessandro Barisone

mcrey11
just joined

Re: Metal 2SHPN stops to broadcast SSID very often - how to investigate?

Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:22 pm

up for this. We have same problem with metal 2hspn.
I have found some script that is being used by some other users to auto restart if no active connections is acquired. But my script doesn't work.

Hopefully somebody can whisper here. :)