Community discussions

MikroTik App

yottabit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

RB922 / NetMetal 5 Channel Selection Not Working

Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:10 pm

No matter which channel I select on the NetMetal 5, it always transmits on Ch 36.

I think this explains why I could never get a strong signal when running in country-regulatory mode since in the US the UNII-1 band is limited to 50 mW. I was able to get a much better signal when I went to manual-power mode.

I opened a ticket with MT about the lack of Current Tx Power feature as well. They said they're working on it. But it's not in v6.28rc, and they didn't indicate how long until it will be present. That would have saved me some frustration troubleshooting since I would've already known the Tx power was so low.

The add-in 2.4 GHz radio supports spectral-scan mode, but the 5 GHz radio doesn't. Considering DFS for RADAR-detect is supported, I would think spectral-scan would be supported, too... guess not. It's a great feature if it could be implemented for this radio.

From the RB:
[admin@rb1.magrathea] > /interface wireless print
Flags: X - disabled, R - running 
 0  R name="wlan1-5G" mtu=1500 mac-address=4C:5E:0C:DA:51:64 arp=enabled 
      interface-type=Atheros AR9888 mode=ap-bridge ssid="Magrathea 5G" frequency=5745 
      band=5ghz-a/n/ac channel-width=20/40/80mhz-Ceee scan-list=default wireless-protocol=802.11 
      vlan-mode=no-tag vlan-id=1 wds-mode=disabled wds-default-bridge=none wds-ignore-ssid=no 
      bridge-mode=enabled default-authentication=yes default-forwarding=yes default-ap-tx-limit=0 
      default-client-tx-limit=0 hide-ssid=no security-profile=default compression=no
From my scanning tool:
│Magrathea 5G                4C:5E:0C:DA:51:64  74%, -58 dBm, CH  36, 5180 MHz, WPA2
I'm going to open a support ticket with MT.