Community discussions

MikroTik App

relvizz
just joined
Topic Author

Really slow printing through mikrotik

Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:45 pm

Hello everyone,
I've got a really strange issue with printing over wifi. I've my Lexmark ProspectPro 205 printer connected to MikroTik RB951Ui-2HnD running RouterOs v6.27 (but the same issue takes place on older releases) over WiFi (the printer is running print server). When I try to print something, the printer seems to perform in slow motion - the printer head waits about 10 sec after every move from one side of a sheet of paper to another so printing one page takes up to about 5 min (while normally it takes about 15 sec). For quite a long time I was convinced that there was somtehing wrong with the printer but recently I've tried to connect the printer to an android hotspot and one of TP-LINK routera and it performs normally. I've tried to restore the default MikroTik's configuration but it hasn't helped.

Have you got any ideas?

alliancemg
just joined

Re: Really slow printing through mikrotik

Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:38 am

I am having the same problems with a Lexmark Pro905. I've several run of the mill routers attached to the same printer - with no problems - with this "advanced" rb2011 router - it just stalls, and stutters - exactly as you say.. Did you get any answers to this problem?