MikroTik App

JanezFord
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CAPSMANv2 loop when wifi client switches between APs with same SSID

Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:02 pm

Hello,

I get lots of "bridge port received packet with own address as source address, probably loop." interface,warning in log. This happens when a WiFI client switches between APs with same SSID in a building. Sometimes this brings the connection down (probably rstp) for long enough that CAP timeouts connection to CAPSMANv2, disconnects and looses all of its clients which I find very annoying. Any suggestions how to avoid this? I would still like to use rstp if possible.

JF.

JanezFord
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: CAPSMANv2 loop when wifi client switches between APs with same SSID

Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:03 pm

For now I have enabled local forwarding on all APs and the problem is gone ... with capsman forwarding I could not get ride of those loop warnings. I tried bridge horizon 1, stp isolation ... nothing worked.

JF.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:29 pm

could you email support@mikrotik.com and include a support output file from the CAPsMAN when the problem is happening?
Also how are the CAPs connecting to the CAPsMAN - via IP or via MAC?

JanezFord
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:07 pm

could you email support@mikrotik.com and include a support output file from the CAPsMAN when the problem is happening?
I currently do not dare to test because customers are still quite pissed off .... will do so after few weeks pass ... giving it a thought about my network I think proxy-arp bridge setting could be the culprit but I need it because of my ipsec/l2tp setup for roadwarriors so local forwarding might be the only option for my setup.

JF.

keepsake
just joined

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:59 pm

I currently do not dare to test because customers are still quite pissed off .... will do so after few weeks pass ... giving it a thought about my network I think proxy-arp bridge setting could be the culprit but I need it because of my ipsec/l2tp setup for roadwarriors so local forwarding might be the only option for my setup.

JF.
Hi,
On the CAP devices->section Bridge->tab Ports->Take away the wlan1 (and wlan2) from bridge
Now you can turn off local forwarding

ognjen

Sat May 26, 2018 1:07 pm

JF.
Hi,
On the CAP devices->section Bridge->tab Ports->Take away the wlan1 (and wlan2) from bridge
Now you can turn off local forwarding
That is it. My problem is gone. Ty