Community discussions

MikroTik App

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

No power output reading in ROS

Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:11 pm

I have no several ac units in the field working, all with v6.27 and upgraded firmware. None of them show power output in winbox. Must be a bug. Can anyone confirm?

lucky79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: No power output reading in ROS

Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:26 pm

This is not implemented since introduction of AC products so completely normal for now. It should be implemented in the future as far as I know.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:03 pm

This is not implemented since introduction of AC products so completely normal for now. It should be implemented in the future as far as I know.
That's a nice statement; "not implemented since..... completely normal for now"...?
That's something like saying everything they 'forget' to transpose in new ROS (which happens a lot with all kinds of issues*) is 'normal' for as long as its not corrected?

And yes, it would be nice if it "could" be implemented again. But "should"? Is there any regulation or protocol definition saying 10Mhz is compulsary?

And when is this "future" in relation to MikroTik? That can be anywhere between tomorrow and never. We've seen products been promised that in the end never came.....

"as far as I know"? How and from who do you get your knowledge? Can you share more details?

Imho its either forgotten to implement in the new ROS that is capable of 'ac' protocol (Like other missing parameter*) or its something the 'ac' chipset is just no able to do...

In the first instance we really would like to see it coming back and when.
In the latter, if 'ac' chipset is not capable, can someone inform us so. It would be a pity but acceptable. :(

* I made another topic for the missing power output readings in another tread. Is this also 'forgotten' or just not possible for 'ac' equipments?

lucky79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:57 pm

That's a nice statement; "not implemented since..... completely normal for now"...?
That's something like saying everything they 'forget' to transpose in new ROS (which happens a lot with all kinds of issues*) is 'normal' for as long as its not corrected?

And yes, it would be nice if it "could" be implemented again. But "should"? Is there any regulation or protocol definition saying 10Mhz is compulsary?

And when is this "future" in relation to MikroTik? That can be anywhere between tomorrow and never. We've seen products been promised that in the end never came.....

"as far as I know"? How and from who do you get your knowledge? Can you share more details?

Imho its either forgotten to implement in the new ROS that is capable of 'ac' protocol (Like other missing parameter*) or its something the 'ac' chipset is just no able to do...

In the first instance we really would like to see it coming back and when.
In the latter, if 'ac' chipset is not capable, can someone inform us so. It would be a pity but acceptable. :(

* I made another topic for the missing power output readings in another tread. Is this also 'forgotten' or just not possible for 'ac' equipments?
This has been discussed several times here on the forum, response from MT guys was that this will be implemented. Same as with the spectral scan, when it will be done thats still a question :) But from my point its not something which would block you from deploying and successfully running those devices.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:21 pm

This has been discussed several times here on the forum, response from MT guys was that this will be implemented. Same as with the spectral scan, when it will be done thats still a question :) But from my point its not something which would block you from deploying and successfully running those devices.
Well, the forum is so big nowadays and poorly categorized that it makes it hard to find info you want. I searched for "ac" and "10Mhz" but didn't come across a lot. (And what I found was actually started by me too once.....)
And about the missing power output nothing at all. But I'm the first one to confirm lots of info in the forum becomes hard to find. Rather spending an hour to try to find some info its easier just to make a new topic....

The 10Mhz issue on the QRT's was solved withing two weeks by issuing a new ros upgrade. I was hoping this time it could be done in the same or similar time spec.

The power output reading doesn't stop me from using these units. Missing the 10Mhz band is. I have several AP's running on 10Mhz bandwidths just to keep as much as possible free of neighboring channel users. For the better cpu and higher power output we want to exchange ALL AP's into the new 'ac' platform. Not so much for the 'ac' band capabilities, they wont' bring a lot of advances in an already over filled spectrum. But now it means that we can't use these units 'yet' in an already established 10Mhz wide network.

lucky79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:54 pm

Well, the forum is so big nowadays and poorly categorized that it makes it hard to find info you want. I searched for "ac" and "10Mhz" but didn't come across a lot. (And what I found was actually started by me too once.....)
And about the missing power output nothing at all. But I'm the first one to confirm lots of info in the forum becomes hard to find. Rather spending an hour to try to find some info its easier just to make a new topic....

The 10Mhz issue on the QRT's was solved withing two weeks by issuing a new ros upgrade. I was hoping this time it could be done in the same or similar time spec.

The power output reading doesn't stop me from using these units. Missing the 10Mhz band is. I have several AP's running on 10Mhz bandwidths just to keep as much as possible free of neighboring channel users. For the better cpu and higher power output we want to exchange ALL AP's into the new 'ac' platform. Not so much for the 'ac' band capabilities, they wont' bring a lot of advances in an already over filled spectrum. But now it means that we can't use these units 'yet' in an already established 10Mhz wide network.
Check this http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=88938 ;) I cant believe the HW doesn't support it... Ubi does have the 10MHz channels and I believe they're using same chips.

There was a discussion about spectral scan on AC HW and even MT said its not supported by HW, they said later after my comment that Ubi have it on their AC products, that they can do it... (I didn't know yet that Ubi has implemented second radio just for spectral scanner - which is great idea btw. But it might not be AR9888 chip).

So lets see what they come with.