Community discussions

MikroTik App

justlucifer
just joined
Topic Author

A strange wireless network trouble.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:24 am

Hello, we met a strange wireless network trouble,We are in a car driving school, as we do the wireless network coverage for the school , often encountered the following fault.

AP:ubnt Unifi outdoor5
Only one AP in the network. The AP is connect to local network in the center.and the center have many servers for driving test.

Car-cpe:mikrotik Groove 52HPn
About eight grooves in the network. Grooves had been put on cars as cpe .The groove is working in station pseudobridge mode,it's LAN is link to a switch,which connect to a on-board computer and a video server .

Fault phenomenon:Sometimes in the driving exam, we found one or some on-board computer can't receive broadcast packets.As we use Wireshark to diagnose it ,we find the LAN on this Groove can't receive broadcast packets from AP,but the LAN on AP can receive broadcast packets form Groove.and the unicast packets from each other are exactly normal.
But at the same time the other cars are normal.packets transmit normally.

when we reboot the Faulty equipment(the groove),the fault phenomenon still continue.
Only we reboot AP, the fault phenomenon disappeared,but sometimes latter(some hours or days),The other car appear this fault.We also changed AP,but it didn't work,the fault phenomenon still exists.

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: A strange wireless network trouble.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:58 am

Why don't you try to use station-wds mode on the stations and turn on wds on the AP. I have wds links working between ubnt and mikrotik altough I'm using mikrotik on AP side and ubnt on the client side, but should be working vice versa. And if changing the AP is an option why not try replacing it with Mikrotik ?

justlucifer
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:39 am

Why don't you try to use station-wds mode on the stations and turn on wds on the AP. I have wds links working between ubnt and mikrotik altough I'm using mikrotik on AP side and ubnt on the client side, but should be working vice versa. And if changing the AP is an option why not try replacing it with Mikrotik ?
Because our mikrotik distributor once told us, we can use ubnt Unifi with Mikrotik groove in pseudobridge mode, so we bought a lot of groove, didn't buy any MIKROTIK AP, Now it's too late to buy new AP.
From wiki i knew Mikrotik devices can't work with other brand devices in WDS mode,so i didn't try to use WDS mode with UBNT.I will to test it later.
Howerve,UBNT unifi series device does not support WDS.but I can change AP to UBNT Rocket M series.
Thank you.

justlucifer
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:27 am

it's OK,thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

justlucifer
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:53 am

this is ubnt airos .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.