vljubic
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless setup

Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi,
i need setup wireless for boat base.
in my case requirements are:
cooverage two sides od harbor aprox 100m on each side(on picture 3,4 and optionaly 5)
connect two sides wirelessly approx 150 m (on picture 1,2)
On 1 we have access to internet,
can you recomend setup,
i was thinking about SXT Sixpack but i can't find cooverage of each of devices and i don't know will that interconect (1-2) will be god with one RBSXTG-5HPnD-SAr2
2015-04-21_12-23-17.png
Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Wireless setup

Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:36 pm

I don't understand why you want to connect 1,2 wirelessly.

The simplest/cheapest approach to provide 2.4GHz coverage for the harbour would be a couple SXTG-2HPnD at point 1, given they cover 60 degrees you can point one towards the middle point between point 5 and the harbour "angle", the second towards the middle of points 4,5, then fine tune its orientation by doing a survey.

If you want to use point 2 due to its height and use it as a "node", then you have several options:

Option A
- use a pair of SXT5 Lite (SXT5-5nD r2) from point 1 to point 2 as the PTP, then one or two (check coverage) SXTG-2HPnD as sectors, or a single basebox2 fitted to a 90 degree 2,4GHz dual pol sector antenna.

Option B
- Use a SXT5 Lite at point 1,
- Use a Basebox5 fitted with
- a small planar 5GHz directional antenna (>=10dBi) connected to its inbuilt radio (to stablish the PTP with the SXT5)
- a R11e-2HPnD miniPCIe card fitted with a 90degree 2,4GHz dual pol sector antenna (>=16dBi will be fine)

I'd say option B would be the optimal in terms of cost/performance given equal quality 90 degree sector antennas are used.