MikroTik App

srijit92
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Suggestion for Public Hotspot Devices

Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:41 am

Hi,

We are planning for a public wifi zone(both free and paid) setup covering around 3-5 Kms. area. Initially we may deploy 3-5 APs and start with a small WiFi zone. For APs I have decided to go with BaseBox 2(later we may add a 5GHz card to it for Dual Band).

I was also looking at the RF Element's StationBox ALU for external enclosure. Now in case of using external enclosures, I think I need to use the RB912UAG-2HPnD router board and accessories for it.

Now coming to the antenna selection, I thought of using omni as I think sectors will be too costly as each may require 3 sector a total coverage. So If I use omni which 2 X 2 MIMO omni shall I use?

Also as the APs will be spread across an area of 3-5 Kms I need to connect them through OFC. So, is it necessary to select routerboard with SFP port or can make work with media converters?

I need some suggestion regarding device selection as this network will support almost 200-300 users and eventually upto 500 spread over multiple APs.

I hope mikrotik CAPMAN feature is efficient enough to manage the APs. :)

czolo

Re: Suggestion for Public Hotspot Devices

Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:35 pm

We are using such equipement.
afo_alu3.png
We are using Interline omni antennas and all is working perfect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

srijit92
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Suggestion for Public Hotspot Devices

Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:05 am

Thanks for sharing. Can you provide the details of the enclosure and the borad you are using. How's the performance? How many users can connect to it without any issues?