Community discussions

MikroTik App

saljar
just joined
Topic Author

Help with PTMP setup

Sat May 02, 2015 4:27 am

Hi.
I only have Mikrotik's experience with PTP using 2 SXTG-2HnD and it worked very well (no trouble since setup a year ago).

Now I've been asked to implement a PTMP project envolving 3 sites. It has a central location with connection to ADSL internet and 2 other locations (at 1 km, more or less). In every location I have to offer public wifi access with user/pwd.
My idea is: using 1 Omnitik 5HnD and 2 SXT-5HPnD as a 5GHz PTMP backhaul and 3 Basebox2 (to use with 3 12dbi omni antennas that already exist and can be reutilized) to deliver wifi in each of the 3 locations.
I would like to establish bridges in the backhaul using NV2 (if it works, otherwise use nstreme) and put the Basebox in router mode (so that clients stay behind NAT). There's no problem connecting the Basebox2 and SXTG -5HPnD ethernet ports?

Is this a good setup or are there better (and cheaper) options? I'll appreciate suggestions.

I also would like to have users authenticated in mikrotik hotspot. There's a RB750 available from a previous project and I'm thinking of using it to connect to the ADSL router and the Omnitik 5HnD, and make it the hotspot server. Is there a user limit that this hotspot can support? And the users on all locations (behind NAT) could acess the hotspot login page? Or would have to use bridging in the backhaul?

Thanks in advance.