Community discussions

MikroTik App

vipermx2
Topic Author

Small WISP recommendations

Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:03 pm

Hi All,

My setup is as follows. We have a cable Internet connection at Site A which is 5G wireless bridged to Site B and again 5G wireless bridged to Site C. The CPE's act as a router at the user end. Currently I am not running QOS at the main router, but I plan to for Netflix users which seems to be about every client.
ISP provides us with 150Mbps download and 50Mbps upload
Main Router is being upgraded to a CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+
5GHz Back hauls are Ubiquiti NB M5 (Recently got activation code for using private freqs)
APs are being upgraded to Ubiquiti Rocket M2Tis
CPEs are NS M2s
I plan to implement Greg sowells Border Router QoS script http://gregsowell.com/?p=4665
unless someone else has a better suggestion...
I am looking for recommendations or any type of input that could help better my system.
Thanks in advance!
WISP Topology.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Muqatil
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Small WISP recommendations

Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:01 am

I would suggest to use RB 750UP instead of RB260GSP. So you can have a Router on each site for debug and troubleshoot. Don't forget to enable WDS on Ubiquiti PTP Links.
And if you have only UBNT clients, enable Airmax for TDMA.

vipermx2
Topic Author

Re: Small WISP recommendations

Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:50 pm

I would suggest to use RB 750UP instead of RB260GSP. So you can have a Router on each site for debug and troubleshoot. Don't forget to enable WDS on Ubiquiti PTP Links.
And if you have only UBNT clients, enable Airmax for TDMA.
What would I gain by replacing the switches with routers? If I did that, would I lose the ability to use the ubnt discovery tool and see all the CPEs at the end users?

The PTP links are using AirMAX and WDS.

The clients are all UBNT but not using AirMAX yet as I have 4 older CPEs that do not support it(however I do plan to replace these soon)

Thanks!