Community discussions

MikroTik App

derjuden
just joined
Topic Author

setup for LTE hotspot as WAN

Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:59 am

I currently looking to setup either T-mobile or Verizon LTE service as my only internet for a small business. Our location has no access to wired internet access except T1's and the cost vs speed is kinda of ridiculous for what we do.
The hotspot would be a self powered Samsung LTE pro for T-mobile or equivalent for Verizon. We have approximately 10-15 users currently going to a RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN and 2 bonded T1s, and 40 total devices.
Questions:
1. How would I setup the Wifi to connect as the WAN to the hotspot device?
2. Can users still connect to the wifi and get NAT this way? (if its not possible we'll use a AP)
3. Is there a better hardware option then using a hotspot puke and a RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN?

Thank you.

czolo

Re: setup for LTE hotspot as WAN

Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:10 am

Questions:
1. How would I setup the Wifi to connect as the WAN to the hotspot device?
2. Can users still connect to the wifi and get NAT this way? (if its not possible we'll use a AP)
3. Is there a better hardware option then using a hotspot puke and a RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN?
1) Use some USB LTE modem, I can recomend Huawei e3372 or similiar. After pluging in into USB port, add dhcp client to lte interface. Than configure hotspot on WiFI interface, and it's all...
2) I'm not sure what do you want to get. It's possible to do this with all-in-one device, without dedicated hardware for AP.
3) If it will work in office, I think RB2011 is the best option.