Community discussions

MikroTik App

hanees
just joined
Topic Author

Need to setup routerboard as a repeater

Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi,

I have 2 routerboards, one is setup as a wifi hotspot and i need to setup onother one as a repater.
Please help me to make setup.

kaltersia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Need to setup routerboard as a repeater

Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:08 pm

fgoldstein
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:08 am

May I repeat the original poster's question slightly differently?

How can one set up a single repeater using WDS, not creating a mesh, and still allow the repeater's Ethernet ports to function as a client bridge? So AP at one end with the upstream connection, and a repeater/station at the other end extending the wireless signal too.

I asked this in a different part of the forum and received someone's entire configuration files, but they're rather more complex than the home arrangement I'm trying to get going. GUI instructions (I don't need screen shots, just tell me where to look) preferable. The instructions someone gave me three years ago don't seem to work now. I'm not sure if that has to do with using WPA2 instead of WEP; that's the biggest thing that changed in my AP.
Thanks y'all!

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:25 am

You should keep the topic we are discussing about and do not hijack other topics with the same question.

fgoldstein
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:35 am

I am keeping to the topic -- this is posted in Wireless Networking and the original poster asked about how to set up a repeater, which is what I had asked on a different board. I was hoping someone here, who didn't read that board (beginners), would have an answer for the question, other than a pointer to the mesh doc, or a copy of your config file. Hijacking is when someone takes the thread onto a different topic.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:31 am

Hotspot makes this topic quite different.

hanees
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:35 am

Hi,

After i make the setup as on hotspot routerbaord, wireless interface there is a red color text above the interface saying that "scan-list does not contain valid channels".

After that my hotspot is not working any more. Please help....