MikroTik App

Boter
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

free Hotspot

Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi guys!
I'm trying to accomplish a simple hotspot, which will be open for all. No login for users, just "trial" mode, with everything unlimited. So no "login", just open internet for everyone. Users will see the hotspot "login" page which will open custom google.com page, and timer which will "login" the trial users. Facebook and google search will work anyway - eg users using integrated google search app on android wont need to wait for login timer.

Has anyone done anything like this before? It would be really a time killer :)

So If i give whitelist/walled garden to all FB/google IP's that okay probably? I'll create VirtualAP with wpa2- too for VIP members. What should I be worried about?

Boter
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: free Hotspot

Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:19 pm

The biggest problem I see is the "member logging". I've never seen anyone who has correctly done this. I need hourly/daily/weekly logs so I can create reports. Could anyone share his work?

ericnyamu

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:15 pm

The biggest problem I see is the "member logging". I've never seen anyone who has correctly done this. I need hourly/daily/weekly logs so I can create reports. Could anyone share his work?
do you mean you want ,to do automatic member login ?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:48 pm

You can do login-by-mac, there will be no login page, but each MAC address will show up in your hotspot user list.

Boter
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Yeah I did like normis suggested. I didnt have time to do it better. That worked, but still that's not what I wanted

Boter
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:54 pm

do you mean you want ,to do automatic member login ?
Not exactly. I wanted to show "information page" for every user that connected, and after page is opened he/she can normally surf. I wanted to allow FB, Twitter, and so on working without opening the "hotspot page", just normal browsing should open "our page".

I managed it to work with "autologin" by mac cookie, but this is not exactly what I wanted.

kaltersia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:41 pm

walled garden is there to help u on this. just add the url's and done.