MikroTik App

shaoranrch
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

RB922 2.4 GHz dual chain problem.

Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:38 am

Hello, currently I'm facing a problem with an RB922, here's the situation:

This device's got a PCI card for 2.4 GHz connectivity, the card is connected to a 10 dBi dual-polarization omni antenna (Ubiquiti AMO-2G10). This card is configured as STATION, as of right now, its job is to allow a computer to connect to the internet over ethernet port. Both interfaces (wlan and ethernet) aren't bridged, the RB922 serves as the default gateway for the computer.

Using both chains the connection status stays like this:

Channel width
is 20 Mhz
CCQ around 88 - 97%
RX RSSI stays around -54 to -62 dBm
SNR is always around 47 - 55 dB
Link RX/TX reported speed stays at 144 Mbps

Thing is, when i try a speedtest using the computer over ethernet port, the max download throughput i get is around 4.5 Mbps, I noticed that when downloading, the reported link TX/RX flaps betwen 32, 55, 74, 103 Mbps.

Using Inssider and doing an spectral-scan i see the channel being used Is not really congested, there are only like 2 other wireless networks working on it.

After checking that, I tried testing each chain separately (first chain0 rx/tx and then chain1 rx/tx), I didn't change anything besides this nor changed the antenna connections with the RB922, these are the status values:

Channel width is 20 Mhz
CCQ around 85 - 95%
RX RSSI stays around -57 to -65 dBm
SNR is always around 43- 52 dB
Link RX/TX reported speed stays at 72 Mbps

By doing this, with each chain i achieve around 30 - 33 Mbps steady download throughput and i don't see the reported RX/TX speed flapping.

On the AP side the signal is nearly perfect as well (it's a netgear one).

My question is, what can be causing this? It's odd that using the dual chain configuration the max throughput i get is only 4 Mbps, and each chain alone gives over 30 Mbps... On a nearly perfect wireless enviroment.