Community discussions

MikroTik App

zittastanislav
just joined
Topic Author

Creation of a WPS between four mikrotiks (noob's question, presumably)

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:39 pm

Good evening,

I need to design a new network for office with 5 employees due to relocation of this small company. Any alteration of the new structure (e.g. wiring deployment) is prohibited due to reasons I'm not familiar with. I attached the offices blueprint for you to be more familiar with my situation. The internet router sould be placed in the most spacious room and it is where the fun begins. I need to create WPS all over the offices and I also need to connect few computers to this WPS boxes with a cable.

I thought I'd buy five Mikrotik RB951G-2HnD boxes (1 per office) and create a WPS between them. Since this mikrotik has 5 gigabit LANs, it would be piece of cake to connect wifi-unaware clients.

This routerboard has quite good wifi parameters (it should help the wifi signal to make it through those thick walls) and it isn't very costly.

I just wanted to know your opinion on this setup and I'd ask you to express your opinion in terms of the expected difficulty of this setup (I'm Cisco guy, I'm not very familiar with Mikrotiks yet). Any study material would be appreciated as well.

Thank you for your time and I wish you all a nice day!

Stan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.