Community discussions

MikroTik App

mistiq
Topic Author

2 Dude developers

Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:43 am

Can i purchase paid development of needed features?
We need to have monitoring system like Dude in enterprise environment, but dude have no extremely needed functionality i.e. different access levels by map, group device etc, different levels alert to e-mail etc, syslog with container by device etc...
If it`s possible, please contact with me and we discuss about it.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: 2 Dude developers

Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:21 am

1. No you can't.
2. Dude was not developed for 5 years. We just started a few days ago. It is a little too early to complain about lack of features :)

mistiq
Topic Author

Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:27 am

New Dude have all basic features from 4.0b3 version. We just need to improve/add some features and fix some bugs.

It`s be very helpful for mikrotik community and profitable to your company.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:12 am

We have stated before, that features will come in time. If you want to give money, simply purchase our products. That always helps :)

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:17 pm

How about Dude donations in Bitcoin :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:18 pm

We don't ask for donations because we sell products :D
Maybe some distributors accept Bitcoin?

Please post full and detailed explanation of the features you would like to see in The Dude, and we will add them to our feature plan. You can post the request here on the forum. Include details about how it should work and example how you would use them.

mistiq
Topic Author

Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:46 am

Ok Normis, let me explain.
We have large distributed branch network based on mikrotik and cisco devices.
Sample topology is star, with vpn terminators in few Regional DataCenter (RD).
The connection to the RD through gre tunnels over ipsec in transport mode (point-to-point).

For each RDs we have different administrative groups of management.

Sample of our Network Map:

Where:
1. RB 951/1100AHx2 Routers
2,3. GRE Tunnels with OSPF inside
4. Cisco catalysts
5,6. RD core cisco devices

Inside RD we have lot of regional instances divided by geographical location (RU).
For each RU we have own MAP in monitoring server and own group of network admins.

What did we need:

1. Privilege separation for admin groups to access by maps (admin in group A can`t access to map B etc)

2. Syslog separation by devices and maps (different containers for each map includes each device on this map(named by IP/perfect hostname))

3. Popup window with alerts availability of GRE (probably check tunnel status or ping remote IP on tunnel) tunnels separated by maps

4. Fix critical bugs (i.e. sometimes after reboot we get empty dude.db, perfect - change type from SQLITE to MySQL)

5. Alerts to e-mail separated for each map/user group, (perfect alerts by trigger i.e. TunnelDown)

6. More clear scaling and resizing (maybe additional navigation window with approximation, now when i zoom out the map to see all devices, i get over 80% unused space)

7. Automated backup

8. Maybe something more....

As you can see, it`s not major changes of monitoring architecture but it extremely necessary for us.
If we can accelerate of development for this features it will be great.
Last edited by mistiq on Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

mistiq
Topic Author

Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:00 am

We have stated before, that features will come in time. If you want to give money, simply purchase our products. That always helps :)
We already purchase lot of your devices and now we need a monitoring server like Dude, but with some features and w/o some bugs.

jo2jo
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:57 pm

Hi,

did anything ever happen with this or the requested features? there are one or 2 features on there that i know we could use. (and also some of the requested feature i think already can be done with dude and mikrotik as is, perhaps through scripts and some creative solutions)

tks

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:31 pm

Some of the requests are still in TODO queue, so to speak. At the moment we are working on larger upgrade for The Dude server that is addition of CLI side for server side.