Community discussions

MikroTik App

EMSergio
Topic Author

Dude API. Need to extract info

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi!

I know there are some community efforts in order to make MikroTik implement an API to extract info from the Dude, but what resources do we have now? I would need to extract info from devices included in the Dude.

The two main streams we have now is exporting manually as a csv the info from the Devices (I focus on manually, as this is what I am doing now in my app)

Get the data from the port 80. With Selenium, it would be possible to do it, but it would be so time-consuming and buggy that i prefer to not start developing it.

Are there other ways of doing so? Or how much time we have to wait until they release an API?

boen_robot
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Dude API. Need to extract info

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:49 pm

On the old one, using DOM, you could analyze the SVG map that got generated on the Windows Dude server.

With this new one, I don't know how it stores its information. If it's like, say, an SQLite database (akin to user-manager), then you can use any SQLite client to interact with it, including for example PHP's SQLite3 extension.

Either way, point is that, in the absence of API/CLI commands, interacting with the raw data storage medium is the only way.

EMSergio
Topic Author

Re: Dude API. Need to extract info

Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:54 pm

Thank you.

We will migrate the Dude server to a CCR, instead of keeping the old one in Windows, as it will become deprecated.

In my future app I will access via ssh to the CCR Dude and then execute the sqlite commands to extract the info I need.

I will try with the paramiko python package to see if it works as expected. I will comment the results in this post.