Community discussions

MikroTik App

hengst
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Dude Ubuntu Phone App Client

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:08 pm

i would like to see a Dude client "app" for ubuntu touch ( Ubuntu phone )

https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/apps/sd ... p-project/

1. the app should only connect to dude server via wifi connection and/or mobile internet when needed ( selectable )
( touching the app icon jumps to a snapshot of the "outage" list , otherwise runs in background)

2. the app should give sound/vibration ( selectable ) alarm signal when there is an outage in dude server.
( poll time selectable ) (if possible , option to (also) receive alarm signal via sms)

3. "touching" the alarm notification should expand to live "outage" list
(using every available internet connection, wifi first)

4. in live outage list being able to ack the alarm.
(from here back to 1.)

Now i have (very) little programming skills, but am starting to develop it anyway.
looks like long nights ahead and get to know interesting people.

maybe someone out there to help me. then please add your bits and pieces.

would be handy to get some documentation or pointers from Dude developers how to interact between client and server.

Henk.

benjamimgois
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Dude Ubuntu Phone App Client

Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:57 pm

Ubuntu touch is such a niche plataform that Mikrotik small resources should not be able to direct any effort ot it. Right now the major mobile plataform is Android, if there´s any effort to build a mobile client for the dude it should be there.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:23 pm

You have misunderstood hengst. He is going to write such application, not requesting it from mikrotik. He asks for interface description, but now the dude 6rc is in early development stage expecting rapid changes and older version is not supported by mikrotik. The argument that Ubuntu phone is rare is valid too.

Hengst: If it is some school task, well, good luck. If you mean it seriously, try android instead.

snowy1364
just joined

Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:52 am

I wrote an Android version available here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... dude&hl=en

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:38 pm

I wrote an Android version available here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... dude&hl=en
Right now, with The Dude 6.34rc41, there is no Web Server, so your Android client doesn't work. :( I know that's not your fault... When the web server returns to The Dude, I gather your client will then work again?

It *would* be nice if your app used the API service instead of the web site, but I suppose that's something you considered when writing the client and rejected for a good reason. (I'm guessing there's not enough info exposed through the RouterOS API for The Dude as yet...)

I do rather like the idea of an Android Dude client so that I can continue monitoring all my client networks and Internet connectivity when I'm not in front of my office desk - that's definitely worth the asking price if you ask me! :)

toomuchwifi
just joined

Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:53 am

@Mikrotik Support & Dev ops,

please can you assist so that this app can work again in the updated version of The Dude.
Many thanks.