MikroTik App

pospanko
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Dude very slow

Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:15 pm

Hi!

Does anyone else experience lag problems with new Dude server?
I have 1000 devices in Dude and it's very CPU intensive on CHR. One core goes up to 100% and than Dude client freezes. I'm trying it on VM with 4 cores and enough memory. On that config I was running Windows server with Dude and lots of services without problems.
Refreshing of devices is gone, I must manually click reconnect to get interface data.
Windows or Linux server version would be better. At least until you made Dude multi-threaded.
Another thing is usage of remote database server. Collecting and using lots of data on CCR/CHR storage isn't something I wan't to do. I want database on separate server, backup and multi RouterOS connection to it.

BR

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Dude very slow

Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:26 pm

i think for production environment is better to stay on windows server for a time

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:39 pm

Exactly. For a long time yet, I would say.

wa4zlw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:19 am

as I have mentioned in another thread routers do not make a monitoring system and vice versa.

Leon

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:56 am

CHR with just running the dude is not a router for me. Ccr running the dude only the same. It depends on what you call "router" For me it is a machine that routes. Otherwise it could be whatever but not router.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:23 am

as I have mentioned in another thread routers do not make a monitoring system and vice versa.

Leon
Can you explain or point to that tread?
I have dude 6.34.2 installed on CCR1009 which I thought would be a nice fast beast for dude. But its slooooowww.
We only ping probe some 60 devices and monitor some 80 links.
cpu of CCR stays around 0-5% and network traffic seldom jumps above 1Mb. Its more some kbps..

Is a CCR not the right platform. When we just installed it with a handfull MT units it worked so nice?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:12 pm

There is so many reasons why the dude shall be optimised. Hope it will not take too long.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:53 am

Yes, but we are thinking the platform (CCR) might not be the right one?
We also have a Intel Core i7 3,2Ghz CPU Gigabyte Brix. Wouldn't that be a much better choice?

Can we install the Dude on a windows8 Pro system? Or do we need to install ROS first and run it on that OS?

(So many questions, but there is not a simple manual for 'dummies'.. Maybe an idea; "Dude for dummies." :wink: )

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Dude very slow

Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:00 am

You know that the last dude running on windows was 4b3. Dude 6 runs only in Ros on ccr, chr or x86. Unfortunately.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:11 pm

You know that the last dude running on windows was 4b3. Dude 6 runs only in Ros on ccr, chr or x86. Unfortunately.
Meaning we need to install ROS first, and then the Dude. My assistent was thinking of putting it on a virtual disk because to be honest I still need that PC as Windows workstation.

On the other hand, a CCR1009 should do the job?
We 'ping' monitor some 60 units in Dude and we monitor some 20 links by smnp for their throughput. Plus one battery monitor. Some graphs are produced but to be honest, with Dude on CCR I should be able to monitor hundreds of units?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:37 pm

Run chr in virtual and try the new dude. I am keeping the old 4b3 running on windows server so far as the new dude still behaves somewhat unexpectedly for me. But today I am sure I will move it to virtual chr or to ccr for sure one day. Not in close future.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re:

Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:50 pm

Run chr in virtual and try the new dude. I am keeping the old 4b3 running on windows server so far as the new dude still behaves somewhat unexpectedly for me. But today I am sure I will move it to virtual chr or to ccr for sure one day. Not in close future.
Well, we run the latest rc version pointed to by some other forum member. And in fact it works fine. Its only a bit slow at times and sometimes the graphs behave strange. Graphs on a main link had many unreal traffic peaks for days. But that suddenly stopped since a couple of hours. Graph is no pretty 'normal'.

We have it on the CCR already because it is actually a unit left over from a network reform. We'd imagined it should be powerful enough to run the Dude (only). If I look at the cpu its almost 'sleeping' (0-1% on average, sometimes a peak of 5-6%. Traffic to and from the only port that connects to our network is hardly ever more than 1Mb. Average is around 250kbps which is probably partially the winbox traffic I see....
So imho its hardly working. Why is it still that slow at times?
Could it have to do with the db file sitting on a usb stick?
And I've red some on fragmentation of the db file when alterations are made in Dude creating many empty spaces and even corrupt spaces on the HD.. Could that be a reason for the slow and at time weird behaviour?

If db file is getting fragmentated, how to defrag? I saw something on the Dude manual but that came to me as very complicated..
Would it be enough to export the DB file. Erase and format the usb stick and import the db file back?
(I presume best is to stop Dude running on the CCR during that?)

vmiro
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:17 am

Hi, I got the same problem here. I've installed dude on CCR to get Dude closer to monitored devices, and to replace current Dude server which is in Cloud on some Windows computer...
Pinging device through Dude is terrible, even to the devices in LAN. I tried to ping the same device from CCR console and ping is fine...0-1ms. Why the new Dude slowing down this communication ?

I'm using ROS v.6.35.4

Are any of you use newer versions?