Community discussions

MikroTik App

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: The Dude, work continues: v6.35rc test builds.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:18 pm

Have you tried what I suggested above?

armandfumal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:24 pm

Hi

Concern import/export DB

I have my 50Mb db from 4.0b3.

I would like to import to 6.35.rc12

I have try to import in cli. the command is accepted but nothing is done. and get Import done but nothing was done...
no errors...

what's wrong

Armand
Resolved. sorry I found

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:28 pm

And one other thing. See the picture:
dude-temp-oid.jpg
On top there is temperature oid polled by dude 6.34.2, bottom by dude 4b3 at the same time using SNMPv3 from RB2011. Notice the different value representation.

Whats more, the subsequent function works in 4b3 but not in 6.34.2. The function is defined like oid value:
oid("1.3.6.1.4.1.14988.1.1.3.10.0") / 10
Is there any syntax change or what is the difference?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

danayalop
just joined

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:03 pm

As I can export a backup from an x86 to a tile? I receive this error message when I import both x86 and CHR

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:06 pm

Disable dude. Unpack tgz file and copy the content directly to the storage. Enable dude.

Seema
just joined

Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:25 am

How about .xml file?I can not import it.Always get "action timed out".The file size is about 150MB.

danayalop
just joined

Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:54 pm

How about .xml file?I can not import it.Always get "action timed out".The file size is about 150MB.
Try copying the contents of folder /dude/data on your routeros server /dude folder. It worked properly

Seema
just joined

Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:37 pm

Try copying the contents of folder /dude/data on your routeros server /dude folder. It worked properly
Sorry for a stupid question but how to access the dude folder on my routeros? :)

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:10 pm

Sorry for a stupid question but how to access the dude folder on my routeros? :)
Use ftp. But the XML file cannot be used because there is db file like in v.4

Seema
just joined

Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:22 pm

Yes,there is a db file already in /dude folder on routeros created by default.I copied contents of data folder to dude folder in routeros,started the server,the server did some processing.After it finished,i started the server, tried to connect but nothing,no luck.Its empty :( :(

danayalop
just joined

Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Yes,there is a db file already in /dude folder on routeros created by default.I copied contents of data folder to dude folder in routeros,started the server,the server did some processing.After it finished,i started the server, tried to connect but nothing,no luck.Its empty :( :(
You must copy the contents of folder /dude/data

Don't copy the exported file

Disable dude server, copy to your default dude folder in routeros and enable dude server

Seema
just joined

Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:27 am

You must copy the contents of folder /dude/data

Don't copy the exported file

Disable dude server, copy to your default dude folder in routeros and enable dude server

I did that first time just as you described.This morning,in my horor,i tried to connect and voala,the dude works.
How,why,i have no clue :) Took him long time to connect tho but it did.Theres a small problem with images and background and some pinging but i believe can manage that.Thank you very much for help and time!

wincdaniel
just joined

Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:55 pm

Changes in v6.35rc4 - v6.35rc9

* Fix various server crashes.
* Fix various db import crashes.
* Fix server crash on Agent configuration change.

@wincdaniel @vaidehi

We do have some hosts for which some of our servers also show parse failed status. Dev will take a look at that when he gets a chance.
Any update on this? Anything I can do to assist? Still exists in v6.34.2/v6.35rc12

steven78
just joined

Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:39 am

I seem to be having issues after the based is imported accessing the dude. The dude seems to be in a boot loop. The import completes ok but then the dude just keeps rebooting.
I can see that main partition just keeps counting down in available space unit it reaches zero thus the dude crashes. I have added an extra 8gb disk under ESXI and formatted. I can see the extra disk and dude folders on the new disk. I think what might be happening is that some files are still been copied to the main partition thus filling it up. Is this a known issue. The database import is only around 100mb.

I have tried both 6.34.2 and 6.35rc12.

Formatting the disk
/disk format-drive 0 file-system=ext3 label=data

Setting the dude database path
/dude set data-directory= /disk1/dude

Importing the data
/dude import-db backup-file=disk1/backup-2016.02.29.tgz

danayalop
just joined

Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:17 pm

Is there any way to clear the graphics files? Due to an error in the date, I have graphics and future outages that I can not delete
Captura.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:16 pm

Is there any way to clear the graphics files?
You might have to just delete the probe and put it back on...

In 4.3b if you copied any object the collected data for the original object gets erased before the copy, so on the device that is creating those graphs you should be able to just click copy to clear all the data instead of deleting the probe. Although deleting and putting the probe would probably be better.

I believe the intention was to clear the data before sticking it into the copy buffer but it is clearing the data of the original object. So maybe they could change this as a bug fix. BUT

Back before they stuck the xml data in to a compressed database you could get into the RRD Data and edit it if you viewed the collector in a chart. They should just re-implement this piece of code and let us fix graphs instead of having to delete and re-create the probe or copy the object.

Lebowski

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:02 am

G'day Krisjanis,

How is the progress on the Agent issue? Right now, it seems to be stalled. :( Whilst I can now add Agents without The Dude Client crashing and reloading with the added Agent not showing (and therefore not having been saved), there still seems no way to scan a remote network using an Agent. This feature is absolutely essential to have The Dude a useful network tool for monitoring my client networks, not simply their Internet connections.

The Dude is looking rather promising - I just hope development is progressing behind the scenes...

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:17 pm

I still can't get an import done. I've tried 'import-db' which is failing, and I've tried to copy the dude.db and 'files' directory over and enabling but that just sits in the "status: applying settings: enabling: reading db object #4801" loop.

dnelson
just joined

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:01 pm

Is there a fix being worked on for the "Remove Resolved" button. I am running 6.34.3. I just migrated from 3.6. Something else I have noticed is that the client has to log back in after sitting for a certain amount of time. This never happened on 3.6. I have the dude running on my monitoring wall all day. several times a day I will go to change maps and the first time I try to do anything it goes back to the login screen and logs back in. Not sure why it is doing this.

Thanks for working on this software again. It is a great product. I have been running the dude for about 5 years now. I show everyone who comes by. It is a great show piece.

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:38 am

I have just downloaded 6.35rc in VHDX format, created a Gen 1 VM and tried to install and after the initial Software install portion, all I see is a constantly erroring and rebooting VM with this error message:
6.35rc29-bOrk.png

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:07 pm

Isnt there any write protection/rights problem?

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:05 am

Isnt there any write protection/rights problem?
Possibly, but not on my end. :)

It gets through this stage fine, so can clearly write to the VHDX file:
RouterOS 6.35RC bOrk.png
So, I just saw the same issue with the recently released 6.35rc30, so I will do some further testing here, but previous releases worked ferpectly well.

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:47 am

I don't have time to play too much right now to see exactly where the issue is, but I have tried 6.35RC29 and also RC30 with the same issue. I just exported and imported an old Hyper-V guest, updated to 6.35rc30 successfully, imported the current Dude database, and all is working fine.

I'll look into this issue some more when I get a chance...

pyjamasam
just joined

Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:38 pm

Not sure if this has been reported yet (I find it hard to keep track of the reported bugs vs fixes in RC versions).

I am seeing incorrect speeds displayed in links (i.e. when I hover over the link in a map and get the popup).

The bulk of my links are listed as 10mbs.
All links are either set to the fast ethernet or gigabit ethernet link types.

This also affects the link colouring (as all the links as though of to be 10mbs then anything over that - which happens all the time because they are in fact 100mbs and 1gbs links causes the links to go red)

I have found one thing though that seems to "fix" the speed displayed. Links that have a mastering type set to SNMP have the seam to have the correct speed displayed (though it might not be right as I look at it. Looks to always be 1gbs no matter what I select for the link type).

Any tips as to how to correct this (of if it is indeed a bug and needs to be submitted via a different channel) please let me know.

Thanks.

juanvi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:03 am

-Solved-

Custom added functions like "ros_command("/caps-man registration-table print count-only")" are reported with problem "parse failed". Working well on Windows dude. (tile 1036 with ros 6.34.3)

Solved with changing "available" and "error" from custom probe with this guide: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Getting_s ... and_probes
Before these probes worked well with available=1 and error="" and now need --> available=f3() <> "" and error=if(f3() <> "", "", "down") sytax for working

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:08 pm

How much free space do I need on the disk in relation to dude db file size to make the dude database vacuum?

The dude status messages are very confusing.
In running state I run "vaccuum-db". it tells: "status:running".
Then print command tells: "disabling before vaccuum: stoped".
Thinking I have to stop the dude first. So running "set enabled=no"
Getting status: "failure: vacuuming"
After a while the status is "running" again. checking the db file size - no change.
Stopping the dude "set enabled=no".
Having status "status: applying settings: disabling: stopped". What is it? Is the stopping stopped, or is the stopping in progress? Because dude process has left the profiler, I think the dude was stopped.
Running "vacuum-db" again. The steps are counting. To which number it should count to be sure everything went ok?
After a while the message: "status: vacuuming: failed database or disk is full".

Now the point: dude.db file has 130,5MB. The disk used for dude storage has 247MB of free space. Why it is not enough? How much it should be?

Mikrotik, please, make the manual describing the dude usage in order to correspond to actual situation and covering all messages, commands and their relationship.

Sorry I am writing it again (originally here http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 97#p522497 as these notes apply to 6.34.2), but as this thread is referenced in the changelogs, I think it is better to mention it rather here...

And to write something positive/helpful to others too: Like others I had problems with importing the backup.tgz file from 4.b3 to 6.34.2. My solution that worked was to unpack the .tgz file and copy the content into dude store directory of ROS while dude was disabled. After enabling it looks like majority of the things work fine. Just the custom added functions reading oids are reported with problem "parse failed". I do not know what to do with it so far.
Ok, a month has passed and noone has problems with vacuum-db on x86? I have just made an excercise with enlargement of dude storage disk to 2GB with 1964.4 MiB of free space and still having the same error. Now it is on 6.34.3. Removing the dude, wiping the disk, new database copy, nothing helped.

Does it worth to make the same exercise with CHR? Or with latest RC? There is nothing in changelog related to vacuum so I am in doubts.

The displaying graphs or switching between the display periods takes ages, the graph window disappears or reappeares, does not respond and so. The behavior of the tray icon and the icon on the windows taskbar is also not like any other windows application - need to be the last to display the window by clicking on the taskbar icon and so on... Really still far from usable state. It is not still better than 4.0b3.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:46 pm

6.35rc34, CHR. Importing dude backup occupies "unclassified" process. Should be classified...

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:28 pm

Soo..
I did the last excercise:

1) Run fresh new CHR 6.35rc34 with dude.
2) Mount secondary 2Gb disk drive, set the dude storage there.
3) Import 91MB tgz backup file.
4) Test the dude works with the client - ok (not ideally, but obviously it works).
5) Switch the dude server off.
6) Reboot.
7) vacuum-db. Finished at step over 2.000 with the same error.

But I have noticed important thing:

The vacuum somehow uses primary HDD and while it is exhausted, the process is halted.

Why? It should use the disk dedicated to dude and not any other, especially if noone can estimate there will be enough space on system disk for such operation. At least the error message should clearly state what is the real problem.

Mikrotik, please, take it seriously and use the dude storage by default instead the system drive.

juanvi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:10 pm

Good work but... We need web interface back! If only for watching would be great!

jstump

Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:11 pm

Can we also change SNMP speeds (and any other spot for this) so I can just enter 100M instead of 100000000...

All those zeroes are tedious!

Cronex
just joined

Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:09 am

Hi all,
i was move my Dude from windows server to MikroTik CCR1016-12G, Dude version 6.34.3.
All is fine, but syslog is not acceptable from devices, look like is not working
Syslog file is created but it's empty.
and after reboot i every time lost the Notification "Syslog", i recreat it and check the message by button "Test" it working.
and MikroTik CCR1016-12G not respond on 514 port. while syslog enable in menu.
in torch i see packets on 514 port from devices to mikrotik
NAT and Firewall filter not block the 514 port

on windows version of Dude it work fine

model CCR1016-12G
version ROS 6.34.3
firmware 3.27
serial 468702110059
Last edited by Cronex on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cronex
just joined

Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:25 am

And at additional : agrigation link from Thecus N4200PRO showing speed as 10 Mbps instead 2Gbps

julianeble
just joined

Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:00 pm

It would be great to add the feature to add more links to a map, an example is if I have a port channel to a map and want to monitor the ports separately.

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:09 am

I don't have time to play too much right now to see exactly where the issue is, but I have tried 6.35RC29 and also RC30 with the same issue. I just exported and imported an old Hyper-V guest, updated to 6.35rc30 successfully, imported the current Dude database, and all is working fine.

I'll look into this issue some more when I get a chance...
This issue has been completely resolved in (at least) RC42, maybe earlier.

Still no Hyper-V Gen 2 support, though, so I don't quite understand the Changelog in 6.35RC that says support for Hyper-V SCSI Booting has been added - Gen 1 cannot boot SCSI (not possible) and Gen 2 must boot SCSI (no IDE controllers anymore).

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:13 am

Can we also change SNMP speeds (and any other spot for this) so I can just enter 100M instead of 100000000...

All those zeroes are tedious!
+1

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:14 am

It would be great to add the feature to add more links to a map, an example is if I have a port channel to a map and want to monitor the ports separately.
+1

I came across the same issue the other day...

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:15 am

G'day Krisjanis,

How is the progress on the Agent issue? Right now, it seems to be stalled. :( Whilst I can now add Agents without The Dude Client crashing and reloading with the added Agent not showing (and therefore not having been saved), there still seems no way to scan a remote network using an Agent. This feature is absolutely essential to have The Dude a useful network tool for monitoring my client networks, not simply their Internet connections.

The Dude is looking rather promising - I just hope development is progressing behind the scenes...
Bump...

Cronex
just joined

Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:37 am

Hi all,
i was move my Dude from windows server to MikroTik CCR1016-12G, Dude version 6.34.3.
All is fine, but syslog is not acceptable from devices, look like is not working
Syslog file is created but it's empty.
and after reboot i every time lost the Notification "Syslog", i recreat it and check the message by button "Test" it working.
and MikroTik CCR1016-12G not respond on 514 port. while syslog enable in menu.
in torch i see packets on 514 port from devices to mikrotik
NAT and Firewall filter not block the 514 port

on windows version of Dude it work fine

model CCR1016-12G
version ROS 6.34.3
firmware 3.27
serial 468702110059
Thanx - resolved in 6.34.4

wa4zlw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:07 pm

Hey guys....

Can you please make a change to the CHANGELOG?

Please add a date/timestamp, plus the version # for that date/timestamp) for each change? At a minimum a date/timestamp.

THis gives everyone a more clear idea of what was fixed when, etc.

Thanks leon

diasem
just joined

Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:58 pm

Feature request:
Under notification -> Run on server set to run commands direct on mikrotik like:
/tool fetch address=192.168.88.2

benjamimgois
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:32 pm

I am running 6.35rc48 and sometimes the graphs doen´t load... Anyone else with the same problem ??

juanvi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:12 pm

Stopped graphing once during some hours but with older rc. No know why. Now graphing without problems with 6.34.4

Basdno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:31 pm

The HD on the x86 system I run my ROS DUDE server on crashed today, and i feard i would have to struggle with moving the backup(Luckily I have standard regular routine of backup! ) over to the new DUDE.

So I put a SD card into an idle CCR1009 that I hadnt put into production yet to be sure I had enough storage(CCR was to replace an older RB, but that can luckily wait), and then a bit anxious I loaded the ROS6.35rc48 and corresponding DUDE package onto the CCR and rebooted.

When upgraded I uploaded my backup from the old DUDE, and typed import-db, following a couple of minutes of nailbiting while the database got imported.

Meanwhile I downloaded new client, and when it was done I filled in my credentials, and............... Voila my beloved DUDE emerges again from the dead on the new platform! :D

That was a moment of relief!!! :lol:

This was only a few mins ago, so I havent been able to test out all aspects yet, but on a quick first glance and bit of testing all seems to work as usual!

I am amazed how nice and smooth that worked out!

So my point? :

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MIKROTIK for bringing THE (AWSOME) DUDE back to life again, and making transition so painless!!! Even between system types! 8)

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:02 am

Hey guys....

Can you please make a change to the CHANGELOG?

Please add a date/timestamp, plus the version # for that date/timestamp) for each change? At a minimum a date/timestamp.

THis gives everyone a more clear idea of what was fixed when, etc.

Thanks leon
Oh.

Hell.

Yes!

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:06 am

The HD on the x86 system I run my ROS DUDE server on crashed today, and i feard i would have to struggle with moving the backup(Luckily I have standard regular routine of backup! ) over to the new DUDE.

Meanwhile I downloaded new client, and when it was done I filled in my credentials, and............... Voila my beloved DUDE emerges again from the dead on the new platform! :D

I am amazed how nice and smooth that worked out!

So my point? :

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MIKROTIK for bringing THE (AWSOME) DUDE back to life again, and making transition so painless!!! Even between system types! 8)

Keep up the good work!

Cheers
Yes, I *do* like The Dude and really am glad that dev is once again happening with it. It has a lot of potential if things like the Agent issue (that I reported and asked again about just above) is addressed and progress keeps being made. An awesome little tool it is, for sure (potentially). :)

mysz0n
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:32 pm

I would be great if there were an option to send alerts/notifications as an HTTP request.
A similar solution is used in Multiping - works great.
or
add the ability to poll a xml file which contains the current device status

This would create the opportunity to create my own solutions based on the dude.
and save me a lot of time that I spend on network monitoring...

Please, consider adding such requests to the TODO list

jstump

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:54 pm

Any plans to implement auto backup for device configs to the Dude server? Considering third party applications like Back-It-Up, but would prefer to have this in the Dude as well.

jstump

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:55 pm

+1

I came across the same issue the other day...
Agreed. Would love the ability to have multiple links between devices.

kmk
just joined

Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:28 am

Hi

Sorry for posting on this old thread, but could you please make a similar thread for the 6.36rc? Having a single place to track progress and request features is awsome!

Regards
Karl

nemke
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon May 02, 2016 5:45 pm

Any plan in future to support The Dude server for RB1100AHx2 ?
I see that is supported, and will be supporter for ARM (RB3011). So my thinking is, RB1100AHx2 is stronger, so why not supporter dude also :-)

Thank you

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 02, 2016 6:33 pm

There is no support for arm currently. Only chr, x86 and tilera are supported for now.

nemke
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re:

Mon May 02, 2016 9:34 pm

There is no support for arm currently. Only chr, x86 and tilera are supported for now.
In 6.36rc10 it is :-)

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 02, 2016 11:05 pm

Oh. Really? Another miracle...

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu May 05, 2016 12:07 pm