Community discussions

MikroTik App

Pipa
Topic Author

Feature Request!

Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:20 am

Hi There,

After testing email notification for a couple weeks, I've noticed that there isn't any "time out" option that can be set for the notifications themselves. If you are monitoring a couple units and these come up/down briefly for certain periods during the day, I'd like to know about the troubled unit only once. Will be cool to have an automated option to postpone the email notification to the sender if the unit comes back online....

Hope Mikrotik considers this one and other nice requests that I've seen in the forum for their new Dude future builds....

Thanks,

-Pipa-

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Feature Request!

Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:22 pm

In the top right corner there is a layer called dependencies, I have not used it but if it works you can draw dependencies and then the outages should only be sent for the top dependency. Inside Notification you can delay on the advanced tab, you can also set repeat interval and count. Also devices transition from Up to Unstable to Down and from Down to UP, I only only have selected notification on unstable->down and down->up. if you want two different delays than just make a 2nd notification that is for the other transition with different delays. Also there is a schedule tab inside there that you can disable the notification.