Community discussions

MikroTik App

Cappy
just joined
Topic Author

Dude on a PC Running RouterOS - License Level needed?

Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:30 am

First, my apologies to all of you who know where to find this info in the forum. I've done multiple searches with no success.

I have installed RouterOS 6.34 on a dell workstation strictly to run the Dude . It wants a license before 24hours runs out. I get it, nothing is free.

What level license do i need to run The Dude? Or is there a way to install it without needing a license?

THANKS!
Cappy

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Dude on a PC Running RouterOS - License Level needed?

Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:50 am

Last time I tried, Dude worked fine with free Level1 license (you have to register and request key at https://www.mikrotik.com/client/).

Cappy
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:08 am

thanks sob,

I did what you suggested, got the Level 1, installed the base system then tried to drop in the dude package with reboot and no joy. wont install. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not finding any documents that aren't ancient and are applicable.

Tried dropping all the package files in the 'files' window, they all copy in just fine, reboot.., check packages, only system is installed.

thoughts other than dynamite?

tx

Cappy
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:38 am

well, i reinstalled the box in full. This time i chose to put the dude package in the initial load and it actually shows up now. Not sure why it wouldn't install the package, but oh well.

tx Sob