Community discussions

MikroTik App

Basdno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Runtime error C++ when I try to start DUDE.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:44 pm

I have been using DUDE on this laptop for ages with no problem!
Recently I suddenly get this Runtime error C++ on one of my Laptops when I try to start Dude.  ATM I have Dude 6.35.4 installed, and on all other of my PCs its working like normal.
Only on this PC it simply wont start.

I have tried Uninstalling Dude and reinstalling several times, alos in different locations just to be sure nothing from old install should interefere or something.
I have also reinstalled all Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime redistributables, just in case there was some kind of bug.

Rebooting, and all the usual ways of remedies did not work!

Does any1 have a tip on how to resolve this issue, or do I really hve to reinstall my entire windows just because of this?
(I am not sure if it is related, but I also had a BlueScreenOfDeath because supposedly because of my touchpad shortly before I noticed the problems with the DUDE. However, I do not know, if these 2 incidents are at all connected!)

Any help and tips would be appreaciated!

I attached a Picture of the error message:

Dropbox Link to picture

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Runtime error C++ when I try to start DUDE.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:07 pm

The problem to which you are referring to is discussed here: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=105533

At the moment there is no clear answer to what exactly is causing it, as it tends to occur only on some windows machines. 

Basdno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Runtime error C++ when I try to start DUDE.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:33 pm

The problem to which you are referring to is discussed here: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=105533

At the moment there is no clear answer to what exactly is causing it, as it tends to occur only on some windows machines. 
Thx for the reply!
It is ONLY a problem on my Win10 laptop(and it worked fine before). I have 3-4 other PCs running the Dude client just fine! But so annoying not to be able to quickly check if all is green on my service LapTop when out on asignments! ;D  I now tried running it in Win8 and Win7 Compatibility mode, but to no avail. Same problem! As Mentioned in other thread I guess Microsoft must have bugged it up somehow in a update!
When I run a "Compability check! its only says that the programe DUDE is NOT compatible!
Grrrr, such bugs drive me crazy! :D :p lool  I have waste a lot of time debugging this!   And then the fault is probably neither my PC(or anything that I have done) nor Mikrotik, but probably Windows and Microsoft UPDATE!  (And on top of it all they now more or less FORCES the updates on u!) .
Cheers