MikroTik App

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Re: The Dude, v6.37rc test builds.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:04 pm

@dimsoft

That is not possible at the moment. However we do intend to add some access to server host ROS side for better notification options.

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:44 pm

For those that are using latest rc builds. One change to note.

* Dude data files are no longer hidden in ROS file menu view.
* Dude will now show "default" dir in it's "data/files" directory. It contains default mibs/images/etc that comes with server in read-only mode.
-- You can still create your own mib/images/etc directories for custom mibs/images/etc.
-- When upgraded to this build, dude server will use both "default" and old file directories. And server will rely on content in old dir's till point where the contents are removed.
--- If you delete old MIB folded contents dude will automatically use "default" dir + those custom mibs that you have in your MIB folder (if there are any).
--- If you delete old Images folder contents then you will need to reconfigure those images for your maps/objects.

scampbell
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:50 pm

@dimsoft

That is not possible at the moment. However we do intend to add some access to server host ROS side for better notification options.
Would this include access to /tool sms and /tool e-mail for example ?? :-)

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:23 am

Pretty much that. However email tool is already accessible for use with notifications.

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:35 am

Changes in v6.36rc21:

* Fixed some client and server crashes.
* Added back notification type "Execute on Server". In this notification you can type
in ROS script and it will be executed on The Dude server host. Useful all kinds
of custom notifications and actions.

- Sending SMS. (now that execute on server option has been added, this wont be added as separate notification type)
- Custom email.
- And practically anything else.

Note: Client auto updater is still broken.

nje431
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Do you consider it safe to upgrade from rc15 to rc21 for our test setups yet? (You still have the warning on the inital post)

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:39 pm

Do you consider it safe to upgrade from rc15 to rc21 for our test setups yet? (You still have the warning on the inital post)
There are still features that are broken in v6.37rc builds due to all of the changes that are ongoing in background. However rc21 client no longer crashes when connecting to server. So it is definitely better than what was going on with rc16-rc19 builds.

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:59 am

Two questions

1. How to set Time Zone in Dude (in Router Time Zone is correct not in Dude)
2. I need command to clean all Dude database - return Dude to default like "system reset no-default=yes"

Thanks.

Edit: After changing Time Zone in Router after less than 1h Dude corrected time.

DynStatic
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:43 pm

Now that the dude uses radius from the host Mikrotik to authenticate, would it be possible to add two new Tool variables which are the current dude client username and password. Maybe [Client.Username] and [Client.Password].

We've made tools to launch Winbox 3 like "c:\winbox.exe [Device.FirstAddress] [Device.UserName] [Device.Password]" and it would be very useful to be able to just use the current users credentials and not the credentials from the settings in the device on dude.

LATNET
just joined

Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:15 pm

+1
Now that the dude uses radius from the host Mikrotik to authenticate, would it be possible to add two new Tool variables which are the current dude client username and password. Maybe [Client.Username] and [Client.Password].

We've made tools to launch Winbox 3 like "c:\winbox.exe [Device.FirstAddress] [Device.UserName] [Device.Password]" and it would be very useful to be able to just use the current users credentials and not the credentials from the settings in the device on dude.

aTan
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:12 pm

Would it be possible to enable/disable a submap state propagation to all (or defined number) upper levels? In The Dude 4b3 with this configuration Map -> Submap1 -> Submap2, if Submap2 has outages it is red in Submap1, but Submap1 is not red in Map. If there are a lot of devices in one area (Submap1) it is better to divide them into a several subareas (Submpa2) and without this option it is not possible to visually check the state of the whole network (Map).

nje431
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:36 am

I noticed in the change log, that diff64 was fixed in 6.36. Was that change introduced into 6.37rc, and if so, in which release? And what was fixed?

Thanks

dirtonth
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:34 pm

1. What happened to the Logging Section to which Syslog messages were being sent? Is this being deprecated ?

2. I cannot login to the dude - we are using Radius Authentication for Winbox Login, and with The Dude using local RouterOS users for Authentication, there is something broken here. I can login with local use, but I am getting the following for Radius Users: "Login failed: radius authentication is not supported for old challenges (6)"

scampbell
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:45 am

Pretty much that. However email tool is already accessible for use with notifications.

Haha - of course e-mail is there - sorry.

How long until we may see access to the SMS do you think ? We currently do this via a \Windows executable which is holding up trying the new Dude in production :-)

Adam84

Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:58 pm

In the v6.37rc24-27 there is a problem with server crash after displaying any device popup window. I.e. you hold cursor for a moment on any device on any map, after taking it away from that device, server crash and then recovers itself after few seconds.

Belyivulk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:57 am

Hi All;

We've just started playing around with 6.37 RC27 after giving this a bit of a wide berth for a while and the first issue we're seeing (after we import our dude database from 4.0beta3) is when the new instance first fires up it very slowly connects to all our AP's (routerOS connection type); it takes about 30 minutes to cycle through them all and connect. Once connected initially they reconnect just fine until we restart the service.

Is this a change made for a reason and can we turn it off; or is it a known bug?

Thanks!

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:45 am

Two questions
2. I need command to clean all Dude database - return Dude to default like "system reset no-default=yes"
At the moment this can only be done by disabling the server and deleting old db file.

Sounds over all handy. Will check if we can create this login option for devices.
Would it be possible to enable/disable a submap state propagation to all (or defined number) upper levels? In The Dude 4b3 with this configuration Map -> Submap1 -> Submap2, if Submap2 has outages it is red in Submap1, but Submap1 is not red in Map. If there are a lot of devices in one area (Submap1) it is better to divide them into a several subareas (Submpa2) and without this option it is not possible to visually check the state of the whole network (Map).
I'll check if we can make it so that main map shows problems in sub maps if they are stacked like that.
I noticed in the change log, that diff64 was fixed in 6.36. Was that change introduced into 6.37rc, and if so, in which release? And what was fixed?
This specific change should be in all builds starting with 6.36 and newer.
1. What happened to the Logging Section to which Syslog messages were being sent? Is this being deprecated ?

2. I cannot login to the dude - we are using Radius Authentication for Winbox Login, and with The Dude using local RouterOS users for Authentication, there is something broken here. I can login with local use, but I am getting the following for Radius Users: "Login failed: radius authentication is not supported for old challenges (6)"
1. It is still there, just in different form. Check wiki manual for more details. Note that new implementation will be improved to have better default settings and no manual interaction on ROS host side would be needed.

2. What radius software are you using? When I tried with user manager I didn't encounter any problems.
Haha - of course e-mail is there - sorry.

How long until we may see access to the SMS do you think ? We currently do this via a \Windows executable which is holding up trying the new Dude in production :-)
It's already there for a few rc builds. Check my post on "execute on server" notification.
In the v6.37rc24-27 there is a problem with server crash after displaying any device popup window. I.e. you hold cursor for a moment on any device on any map, after taking it away from that device, server crash and then recovers itself after few seconds.
I can reproduce the problem. Thank you for bug report.
We've just started playing around with 6.37 RC27 after giving this a bit of a wide berth for a while and the first issue we're seeing (after we import our dude database from 4.0beta3) is when the new instance first fires up it very slowly connects to all our AP's (routerOS connection type); it takes about 30 minutes to cycle through them all and connect. Once connected initially they reconnect just fine until we restart the service.

Is this a change made for a reason and can we turn it off; or is it a known bug?

Thanks!
You mean that you restart the dude server or monitored host?

Belyivulk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:48 am

Heya; when we start the dude server / service fresh; it appears to rate limit the "routeros" connection type to devices on any given map :) Is what i mean.

nje431
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:14 pm

You may already know this then, since 10g interfaces are on your to-do list. But in 6.37rc15 at least, diff64 has a serious limitation. While it can handle 64 bit counters as inputs, its output is the least significant 32 bits. So any difference over ~4.29 billion is erroneous.

Cheers

aTan
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:02 am

There is a bug in 4b3 when you delete somehow a combination of device and link. I don't know how to reproduce it exactly. But the result is a deleted link in upper left corner of each map. It appears there after several seconds after switching to a map. It can't be moved, but you can double click it and use Remove button. There can be more of such links over each other. Is this fixed in a new version?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LATNET
just joined

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:08 am

1. 6.37rc15 hangs after some time - can be 2 days, can be week. After hang it is unable to login to the winbox, dude does not accept connections, it is possible to login to winbox only using mac telnet and do /system reboot

2. 6.37rc27 very unstable. Disconnects all dude sessions randomly.

3. 6.37rc27 needs "ftp" permission for users, if there is no ftp permission, then it does not allow login to dude.

kmk
just joined

Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:17 am

Hi

As it is not listed in the features/bugs list, I would like to add a feature request.

Implementation of Google Maps API, so that we can position the devices on a dynamic, real world, map.

Thank you for updating us on the progress of The Dude. This kind of community connection is wonderful!

Regards
Karl

nimbo78
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:09 pm

Hi

As it is not listed in the features/bugs list, I would like to add a feature request.

Implementation of Google Maps API, so that we can position the devices on a dynamic, real world, map.

Thank you for updating us on the progress of The Dude. This kind of community connection is wonderful!

Regards
Karl
adding google maps (or google earth) would be very usefull for WISP (like our team).
+1

kolorasta

Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:37 pm

There is a bug in 4b3 when you delete somehow a combination of device and link. I don't know how to reproduce it exactly. But the result is a deleted link in upper left corner of each map. It appears there after several seconds after switching to a map. It can't be moved, but you can double click it and use Remove button. There can be more of such links over each other. Is this fixed in a new version?
it is not fixed yet....
i think it happens when you copy a device that has a link and paste it in another map.

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:22 am

in r34
attention.png
also transferring files is like forever
trans.png
am I missing something
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lakis on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:45 am, edited 5 times in total.

Percanta

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:58 pm

+1 i'd love this
I have a small wish, add to discover, the ability to put a username and password.

kmok1

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:22 pm

Hello,

ROS 6.37rc36 on x86: I am unable to upload .npk packages to the Files folder via Dude. The package gets queued, but does not go anywhere.

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:38 am

+1
+1 i'd love this
I have a small wish, add to discover, the ability to put a username and password.

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:35 pm

rc36
Interface throughput bug
linkt.png
Also some graphical problem with mini map
minimap.png

kmok1

Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:34 pm

RC38
I am seeing the numbers in RX/TX in the graphs now with "Master Type" == routeros, but it shows the first entry of that interface list.

Note: For example, if I change the interface to "wlan1", Dude will display the result for wlan1, but the entry continues to display the first entry, in my case, "bridge1".

Yup, my mini-map is a mess.

Also, within Dude, I cannot upload anything to Dude's "files" folder.
rc36
Interface throughput bug
linkt.png

Also some graphical problem with mini map
minimap.png

nje431
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:49 am

Would love to see the Dude have a minor/major alarm display option instead of partial/full down. A service would be specified as a minor or major service, which would change the color of the device and submap icon, based upon the most severe service that's down.

jarecki1976
just joined

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:12 am

Hello I am new here, I use long dude is a sensational network monitor can not imagine working without it.
In recent versions, loaded with links do not change color on the map where there are hundreds of routers and hundreds of links between them is very necessary.
I am sorry for my language.

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:13 pm

RC38
Note: For example, if I change the interface to "wlan1", Dude will display the result for wlan1, but the entry continues to display the first entry, in my case, "bridge1".

minimap.png
[/quote]

yes in RC38 something is fixed, but yes what ever u select entry still stays "bridge1"
everything else still dont work

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:42 pm

RC38

minimap.png
yes in RC38 something is fixed, but yes what ever u select entry still stays "bridge1"
everything else still dont work
Reproduced and reported for fixing.

Edit: Both link monitoring and file upload problem.

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:59 pm

+1
+1 i'd love this
We added a bit different approach for now. You can create custom tool with winbox for example: "D:/winbox.exe [Device.FirstAddress] [Admin.Name] [Admin.Password]" it will allow you
attempt login into that device via same user credentials that you are currently using in your dude client.

derr12

Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:52 pm

in r34
attention.png

also transferring files is like forever
trans.png
am I missing something

RC38, and im having issues with event logging as well.

have we found a solution for this yet?

derr12

Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:16 pm

also all the backgrounds from previous version are gone and im unable to upload images with any method. cant even drag files into the image directory with winbox.

fposavec

Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:55 pm

Some variables are not filled on email notification:
v.RC40

Service ping on XXXXXX is now [Service.Status] ([Service.ProblemDescription])
[Service.TimeLastUp]

PaulsMT
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:28 am

Changes in 6.37rc42

*) Fixed - network label scaling issue, when movied.
*) Fixed - minimap issues.
*) Fixed - incorrect link graph data, when interface was changed.
*) Fixed - shown wrong interface on link menu dropdown.
*) Fixed - various server/client cashes

- Disabled upload and drag&drop feature in Dude, for file management use Winbox, Webfig or ftp.
- Dude client will be instantly disconnected when the Dude server has stopped.
by fposavec » Service ping on XXXXXX is now [Service.Status] ([Service.ProblemDescription])
[Service.TimeLastUp]
We will include fix for this in next releases.

aTan
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:00 pm

What about any polling multi-thread support? So all CPUs on CCR are used at least for polling? Now it goes 100% on one CPU all the way.

paulct

Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:17 pm

Hi

Does the dude RC support login via radius? i.e we can winbox to routers this way, can the new dude not support this?

Error message on the dude 6.37rc42 is:
Login failed: radius authentication is not supported for old challenges (6)

kmok1

Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:41 pm

Changes in 6.37rc42

- Disabled upload and drag&drop feature in Dude, for file management use Winbox, Webfig or ftp.

I am able to upload files to Dude via Winbox. I am unable to use Dude's upgrade feature on my ROS devices to a newer or older ROS version. When I try, nothing happens.

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:07 pm

Changes in 6.37rc42

I am able to upload files to Dude via Winbox. I am unable to use Dude's upgrade feature on my ROS devices to a newer or older ROS version. When I try, nothing happens.
How! I can't put files in dude dir via winbox or ftp
I can upload files but not in dude dir, and than for example if I upload picture how can I import it in dude