Community discussions

MikroTik App

kempoguy
just joined
Topic Author

Web view of The Dude

Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:13 am

Hi,

We're running the Dude as a CHR on a VM in our network. I would like to give certain semi-technical people access to the Dude for 1st level support purposes, ideally via a web browser as a static page or something similar - a "look but don't touch" option.

Can this be done?

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Web view of The Dude

Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:29 pm

At the moment The Dude server has no web interface. That is something that we plan to return in the future. 

Current solution would be to create another user group on The Dude server host that has only "Dude" and "Read" policies marked. Then adding users with this group for technicians. Basically just creating read-only accounts for The Dude server.

PhatWheZ
just joined

Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:27 am

@krisjanis

I see that this post is a little old but the same question is coming up from my side. When will we see some progress with web access to the Dude for support staff.
My manager is looking for insight into our environment and relies heavily on his iPad. Perhaps is there work in the pipeline for a Dude iPad App?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:37 pm

Tell your manager: when it will be then it will be. Be glad that there is at least some dude development at the moment. It wasn't so many years ago... If you need Web interface now, use old dude version where Web interface works.

PhatWheZ
just joined

Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:26 am

Tell your manager: when it will be then it will be. Be glad that there is at least some dude development at the moment. It wasn't so many years ago... If you need Web interface now, use old dude version where Web interface works.
Thanks Jarda,
I am well aware that the development is happening on my side as i have been using v4 for a long long time and still have it running on certain remote sites.
Reason i have needed to move to v6 is due to performance issues i was experiencing on v4 with the size of our environment that it was monitoring. plus on certain devices i would end up not being able to log into certain devices because of 'stuck connections' to devices

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:28 am

I understand. The same situation is at my installations. But like you, I need to wait...