Community discussions

MikroTik App

heydude
Topic Author

The Dude Ver.6.32.2 with Agent setup

Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:13 am

Hi there,

We currently have a older dude version running on a windows server with two agents on windows PC's (The Dude Ver.4.0 beta3). The server is on the local LAN and the two agents behind other networks. This way we can monitor devices behind those networks. Everything is working fine since we started using it.
Because the new dude version is not able to work with older versions, I am trying to set up the whole thing on a chr Router as dude server and two arm Routers as agents on actual dude version 6.32.2.

when everything is blank on the server, I first add the agents and then any device, I want to be monitored by the agent. But when I do this and set the agent in the device settings, it seems to be alwys online (ping probe), even if this device doesn't exist. That means, every device monitored by the agents is always shown as online with ping response >1ms!

I already tryied to get help from mikrotik support, but until now, they could not reproduce this behaviour.

My question now is, if anyone else is experiencing the same issues with a agent setup on the new dude versions?

Thanks for replies

Regards
heydude
Last edited by heydude on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: The Dude Ver.6.32.2 with Agent setup

Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:11 pm

Can I suggest you something? Make virtual machines on those windows servers, put there chr and run new dude in it. It is under heavy development now and different versions are not mutually compatible so running it on productive routers and be restricted by the unfinished dude on them is not so smart.

heydude
Topic Author

Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:50 pm

The old environment is currently still running until the new setup is working correctly. So, I can use the new version (server on a chr and agents on two arm's) for testing.

Just would like to know if anyone else is experiencing the same agent behaviour with the new dude versions?

heydude
Topic Author

Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:06 pm

dude is working fine now on the new RouterOS Ver. 6.38 with server and agents.