Community discussions

MikroTik App

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Dude fails for "not an error"...??

Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:15 am

I just bought a hEX to allow me to offload the Dude server from my CCR, so I can get and use all the Dude fixes in the "experimental" releases without compromising my production edge router.

I did an export-db on the CCR, FTPed the file to the hEX, and did an import-db, with no errors. When I try to enable the Dude on the hEX, I get the following status:

"applying settings: enabling: open db: not an error"

Error or not, nothing proceeds any further. Unchecking enable results in:

"applying settings: disabling: stopped"

and checking it again results in the first message again.

Dude is still running fine on the CCR with this database. Am I missing something basic? Is there some problem moving databases between architectures?

PaulsMT
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Dude fails for "not an error"...??

Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:36 am

I just bought a hEX to allow me to offload the Dude server from my CCR, so I can get and use all the Dude fixes in the "experimental" releases without compromising my production edge router.

I did an export-db on the CCR, FTPed the file to the hEX, and did an import-db, with no errors. When I try to enable the Dude on the hEX, I get the following status:

"applying settings: enabling: open db: not an error"

Error or not, nothing proceeds any further. Unchecking enable results in:

"applying settings: disabling: stopped"

and checking it again results in the first message again.

Dude is still running fine on the CCR with this database. Am I missing something basic? Is there some problem moving databases between architectures?
Have you followed steps described in this article ?
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Th ... X_RB750Gr3

If there is still an issue, please write to support@mikrotik.com

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:29 am

No I had not. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. It isn't referenced by any of the literature I received when I bought the product.

So the solution to this problem is, "The RB750Gr3 has insufficient storage to run the Dude out of the box, and unless the purchaser adds some of his own, when he turns on the Dude he will receive the error message 'not an error'."

Might I suggest that at some point your programmers take a moment to actually diagnose this condition with an error message that indicates the actual problem.

Meanwhile, I hope others who encounter this error will find the explanation in this forum posting.

Thank you!

ThiagoSantos
just joined

Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:39 pm

I experienced this same problem.
Unlike you I did not migrate from architecture.

it was simply working, and out of nowhere stopped with error in the bank.

Well that had happened before, and I had problems importing the bank, and I wanted to go to the SD card, and it was false formatted, but not real formatted, I contacted Support Mikrotik, the answer I had, was that "Development of DUDE was stopped" well I managed to import even not formatting the SD by RB770gr3, said formatted but not formatted.

And now error has occurred again, tried to format now, it neither start formatting, not ejecting Driver. And to make matters worse, I don't want to raise the bakcup I have from the bank, this message presents.

well i can swap the sd card but what looks like the whole system is ruined and not designed to handle issues as support said the development is stalled.