MikroTik App

da_radioman
just joined
Topic Author

Dude client v6.35 connection timeout

Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:24 am

dude client v6.35 connect timeout.jpg
Hello All,

I recently installed the dude version 6.35 on an x86 machine by importing my .xml files from my current dude version 3.6 as importing the .xml backup file to all the current versions did not work. The install on v6.35 worked and I was able to view my maps on the dude client and then two days later I logged back into the server and continued to get "connection timeout". I installed different versions of the dude client but there was no change in status so I went back to v6.35. I was wondering if anyone else have experienced this and can help me in reconnecting to the server again. I was thinking about upgrading to the latest version of the server but I am unsure if it will work or break something else.

Thanks in advance to any and everyone who point me in the right direction and/or help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Dude client v6.35 connection timeout

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:04 am

Error message says that dude server is not running at the address provided. Have you checked to make sure it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulsMT
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:21 pm

At first I would suggest you to use only latest release version, e.g. 6.37.4
Make sure you are running the same version client, and connecting to winbox port

da_radioman
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:30 am

Hello All,

Kind of new to using the forum and thank you for the replies. The screenshot taken at the time was just as an example of what I was receiving however the dude server was/ is running as I did a dude/ print and that's what it showed. As for using the latest stable version of the dude as stated before I tried this to no end but could not import my backup dude version 3.6 .xml file due to the fact there was no option in the new version to import a backup only an export option was available. If there is a way to import the .xml file please let me know how and I will try as I searched the forum but could not find anything on importing to any version above 6.35 hence the reason I stuck with it.

Do you are anyone know how I would be able to import this file to version 6.37 with my version 3.6 .xml backup file? Also I did make a backup file of the 6.35 version once the import was successful from v3.6, would this new backup file work in version 6.37? And if so where can one find the option to import?

Anticipating your replies and thank you in advance.

Regards

Kirk

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:39 am

In the older versions of Dude, you did import and export through the client. This function has been removed. Now you have to move the database source to the router running the Dude server and use /dude import_db and export_db on that machine. Hope this is what you were asking.

da_radioman
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:05 am

Hello All,

Thank you for the reply's. I was able to resolve all my issues by turning off all my firewall rules and enabling them one by one to find the one causing me to be unable to access the dude. Once I found the rule (drop all) I created a rule to allow port 2211 on my local LAN then re-enabled the drop all rule which mitigated the issue for me. In addition to the problem of no way to import my XML file from Dude version 3.6 the way around that was to install Dude version 6.35 as it was the last version with that option (It works flawlessly should you currently have issues with doing this) and use Dude client version 6.35 as the others were not compatible. This version is stable and working thus for with no hiccups.

I made a backup of version 6.35 and I am not sure if we are able to use this backup and restore it to the newer versions which would be great. Maybe someone from Mikrotik can confirm this for us all.

Thanks in advance for your replies.