Community discussions

MikroTik App

StefanM
Topic Author

How to set Default Network Map for Users?

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi there, i been looking at dude settings and i couldn't find anywhere how to set default Network Map for user that has only Read rights.
What am trying to achieve is, to have separate user that has read rights, and once that user logins to The Dude he will load by default Network Map that has all credentials set to Read for Mikrotiks that we previously created? Right now we have two network maps ( Local and Map123 ) and whenever user logins to The Dude with credentials for the read account he should automatically open Map123 where we have read credentials for Mikrotiks, but instead of that he opens by default Local Map with admin/full credentials for Mikrotiks.

Thanks, hope i explained good what we are trying to achieve.

PaulsMT
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: How to set Default Network Map for Users?

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:02 pm

Hi there, i been looking at dude settings and i couldn't find anywhere how to set default Network Map for user that has only Read rights.
What am trying to achieve is, to have separate user that has read rights, and once that user logins to The Dude he will load by default Network Map that has all credentials set to Read for Mikrotiks that we previously created? Right now we have two network maps ( Local and Map123 ) and whenever user logins to The Dude with credentials for the read account he should automatically open Map123 where we have read credentials for Mikrotiks, but instead of that he opens by default Local Map with admin/full credentials for Mikrotiks.

You can't set policies for maps, you can create a seperate user in RouterOS with read/dude policies.
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:The_Dude_v6/Admins

StefanM
Topic Author

Re: How to set Default Network Map for Users?

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:12 pm

You can't set policies for maps, you can create a seperate user in RouterOS with read/dude policies.
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:The_Dude_v6/Admins
Edit: So basically we need to upgrade the ROS to latest version and create a user with read rights on Mikrotik have dude checked in read and that would allow us that user to connect to dude server as well and as we can set each user/pass same to all of the mikrotiks in our network with read rights and what we want to achieve will work ?