Community discussions

MikroTik App

mchapman84
just joined
Topic Author

[Feature Request] Dude Client Display options

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:44 pm

We're using v6.38 and currently use a computer display the client on two big TVs in our NOC.

It would be great if when a particular user logged in (we have a specific user for The Dude) the client had the option to display particular panels on particular screens (or even just launch panels full screen 'Open Separately' instead of having the side menus which take up space when just using for a display purpose)

I hope this makes sense. We love using the Dude and this would make it that much better for us :)

regards

Mark

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: [Feature Request] Dude Client Display options

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:17 pm

Create a panel and open it separately, click Panels, click +, on the blank window type a name for the panel, click on the down arrow near the top left, choose a specific map or any other "window" you want to display, on the right hand side click the vertical or the horizontal split, to add more panels to your view. Click X to remove any unwanted division. Once you define the panel click Ok, right click the new panel in the panels list select open separately. Move that to which ever screen you want.

Of course it is not the exact solution that specific panel(s) opens when a certain user logs in but at least you can setup a view that you really want. (I don't know if you have played with panels)

HTH,
Lebowski

mchapman84
just joined
Topic Author

Re: [Feature Request] Dude Client Display options

Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:02 am

Thanks for the reply, I have got my head around panels they are great, especially tiling multiple maps in to one panel to get a bigger overview.

It's more so as the machine will be a standalone that only displays on Televisions that if (and when) the dude is updated or the computer has to be restarted for what ever reason the dude will log back in and not remember the last view/ layout - i.e. if a panel was opened separately that it should be reopened that way when the client successfully reconnects

it's not a deal breaker by any stretch of the imagination it just would be a nice inclusion in to the client for those that use it as part of their main NOC displays

Mark