Community discussions

MikroTik App

michbaeck
just joined
Topic Author

Interface graphing stops saving data after 40min

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:05 am

Hi all,

I'm using Dude for round about 650 devices - mostly Cisco and Dell - and have increasing issues with interface graphs. Dude stops writing the values after about 40 minutes.
It keeps graphing when I keep the window open but it doesn't store the data. To watch this behaviour I scripted CHR to reboot every full hour. In the attached screenshot you can see what I mean. (RED arrow shows write stop, GREEN arrow shows reboot).

I got a log entry once saying storage performance might be not sufficient. Interesting is, disk usage seems pretty consistent even when Dude doesn't save its data anymore (see 2nd screen)

I have Dude running on CHR 6.39rc20 (issue started with earlier versions, not sure when exactly).
CHR is hosted on ESXi 5.5

I'm not very familiar with CHR, so I'm not sure which logs could help and how to get them.
Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks

michbaeck
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Interface graphing stops saving data after 40min

Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:50 am

FYI,

I think Dude was just a little overloaded with writing tasks.
I stopped graphing for all not-fully-neccessary-links and kept only the most important ones and it writes the values in its database without issue.

It's ok for now, but I'm afraid sooner or later with growing maps it will become an issue again...